Are you looking for what to do in Louisville?
PLACES TO SEE
Tourist attractions in Louisville offer history, art, nature and life on a platter and you will always find something to cater to your interests. The whole town is buzzing with cultural centers like the Louisville Convention center among other but the historic places take the spotlight.
- Louisville Mega Cavern: A cave where you can take underground zip lines, adventure tours and explore the depths of the planet.
- Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory: Is the museum showcasing the unique baseball bats made by ‘Louisville Slugger’ brand.
- Kentucky Derby Museum: A fun interactive way to get to know the history and tradition of the legendary Kentucky Derby.
- Churchill Downs: A race track for the Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks, the place is loved for its high-bred horse races.
- Louisville Zoo: The city zoo with a wide variety of animals well taken care of along with an on-ground Splash park.
- The Big Four Bridge: An architectural marvel completed in 1895 and loved for its structural beauty and after-dark lights.
- Muhammad Ali Centre: Dedicated to the legendary Muhammad Ali, the museum showcases exclusive memorabilia, exhibits and videos of the ma himself.
- Frazier History Museum: Exhibiting historic stories spanning around 1000 year, the museum cherishes all things ‘Kentucky’- form the bourbon, to the cultural exhibits to events and educational workshops.
- Cave Hill Cemetery: A military cemetery, the Cave Hill is the resting place of many people who laid down their lives for the country.
- Louisville Slugger Field: A baseball stadiums cherished for its unique architecture with a s eating capacity of 8000 individuals. You can see the Ohio River and Indiana from the park! Louisville offers a wide variety of activities that you can check off on your ‘Things to do’ list and if you are visiting the place in spring and summer season, be prepared to absorb its urban highlights!
THINGS TO DO
The nightlife in Louisville is one to watch out for. The downtown is where you should head if you are looking for a good time.
- Stevie Ray's Blues Bar: Hosts Open Mic Nights and on other days live Blues music with a good drinks menu.
- Howl at the Moon Louisville: Offers blood-pumping music including Piano nights and good drinks and lively crowd.
- Connection: A popular Gay bar with crazy dance night, unique Drag shows and a favourite during New Years.
- The Laughing Derby: A variety of drinks served with a funny bone, the place is known for its stand-up comedy acts.
Louisville is filled with shops that sell special glass articles, souvenirs, antiques and special gifts! If you are wondering what you can do when in Louisville, read on to know what not to miss.
- Downtown: Has a number of shops selling glasswork articles, souvenirs and arts and crafts among other items.
- Derby City Antique Mall: Choose from antiques of all kinds sold by at least 100 dealers.
- Paddock Shops: A series of shops selling everything from lifestyle products to food.
- Mall St. Matthews: A popular shopping mall with innumerable brands and food outlets. A favourite youth haunt!
- Disney Store: The ultimate dreamland of the best Toys ever, the Disney Store is a must if you are shopping for children.
Below we have a list of things to do in Louisville and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Louisville getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Louisville with confidence.