Water Works MuseumCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 3005 River Rd, Louisville, KY 40207, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-5028971481
- Ticket Price: 5 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum, Adults
Water Works Museum - Review
The museum depicts the story of the company’s contribution to offer safe drinking water, its memorabilia and the technology used for the purpose. A walk through the ‘science of water’ in the urban context takes your though detailed photos, films, movies and information- from the science used to the engineering breakthroughs!
Visit to the active pump station.
The place is ideal for children and adults alike and is an educational experience.
Water Works Museum Ticket Prices
- Adults (Ages 18-59): USD 5.00
- Seniors (Ages 60+): USD 4.00
- Youth (Ages 6 - 17): USD 3.00
- Free admission for Children under five years.
- Free admission for Teachers/Educators (with valid ID).
- USD 2 for discount with valid college or current/retired ID.
- Guided tours of the Steam Engine Room in Pumping Station 3 are included with the price of admission.
- Private group tours are available during regular museum hours but must be scheduled in advance. A minimum of 10 people is required for a private group tour.
How To reach Water Works Museum by Public Transport
- By Bus: At Country Club @ Zorn
- By Car
- By renting a bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Louisville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Louisville and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Water Works Museum
1.64% of people who visit Louisville include Water Works Museum in their plan
40% of people start their Water Works Museum visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Water Works Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Water Works Museum
People normally club together Museum Of The American Printing House For The Blind and Zachary Taylor National Cemetery while planning their visit to Water Works Museum.
Water Works Museum Trips
Water Works Museum, Louisville Reviews
Really nice spot. Right on the river. Plenty of parking. They have festivals and events here regularly. The prices are reasonable, always have a good time !
Ok... interesting facts about the water in Louisville. The tower is very unique for its architecture. Shouldn't be a charge as there isn't much to it except small museum and our tour guide takes you inside the water tower.
Beautiful and unique architecture. Always enjoy the activities in and around the water tower.
My friend got married on Sat the 3rd. The whole experience was fantastic. As the maid of honor I had a lot on my plate to do and Tonya and Ron made it easy answering questions and checking on everything. They were both very helpful and organized and helped me be the same. The entire process was flawless. I would recommend them to anyone looking to have a party. A big thanks to everyone who helped the day of and the days before as we stopped in many times asking questions and planning.
Situated on the river, there are beautiful views. The tower itself is old and historic. Many events are held here also, receptions, galas, art shows, etc.