It is the summit in the Hautes-Pyrenees, offering the best panoramic view of Lourdes. The observatory located 1000 meters above the city let you get 360° panoramic view of Lourdes, Pau and its surrounding. It is located 951m above the city and is easily recognizable at night because of the big cross that lights up at night. At the top, you also get to see roe deer, moufflons, fawn-colored black vulture, Egyptian vulture. This summit is accessible only by funicular.
This funicular is popularly known as Pic de Jer Funicular, is a functional railway and has been operating since 1900. It transport visitors to the top of the summit where you can enjoy some activities after reaching over there. For instance, after going up by funicular, you can do activities like mountain biking. Else if you are not interested in this tour, hiking option is always open for you.
- The service is open from 20th March to 11th November, 2015.
- The restaurant is open every day from 6:15am to 6pm.
- The caves are open. Visit at 11:10am, 1:40pm ,2:40pm ,3:40pm and 4:40pm.
- From 11 to 12 April, there is WORLD championship descent VTT.
- The tour is free for children below 6 years of age.
- You can enjoy mountain bike at the top of Pic du Jer.
- You can also enjoy a 3 hour hike with a 520m difference in altitude, if you are not interested in funicular tour.
- Group meals for at least 80 people are available in the restaurant but with prior booking.
- Young people (12 to 18 years old): 8.50€
- Children (less than 12years): 7.50€
- Family Ticket (2 adults + 2 children ): 30 €
- Group (more than 15 people):– Adult : 8.50 €; Children : 6.50 €
- School children (accompanied): 4€
Visit to the Grotto :
- Adult: 3,50 €; Children: 2,50 €
Mountain bike :
- One way : 7,50 €
- 1/2 day : 15.00 €
- Full Day : 30.00 €
The Timing for Funicular Trip:-
- From 20th March to 5th July: Everyday – 9:30am – 6pm; Last Climb – 5:15pm
- From 6th July to 13th September:– Everyday – 9:30am – 7pm; Last Climb – 6:15pm
- From 14thSeptember to 25th October:– Everyday – 9:30am – 6pm; Last Climb – 5:15pm
- From 26th Octoberto 11th November:- Everyday – 9:30am – 5pm; Last Climb – 4:15pm
- From 18th Decemberto 31st December:- Everyday – 10am – 5pm; Last Climb – 4:15pm
- From the center of the city, you can take city bus to reach the foothill. Else you can take little tourist train that leaves in every half an hour.
- There is a bar-restaurant at the top of the summit. It has a panoramic terrace next to the upper station offers hot and cold drinks, cakes, ice-creams, meals for lunch, group meals as well.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lourdes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lourdes and book an accommodation of your choice.
92.04% of people who visit Lourdes include Pic Du Jer Funicular in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
63.48% of people start their Pic Du Jer Funicular visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Pic Du Jer Funicular
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pic Du Jer Funicular