Pic Du Jer Funicular, Lourdes
About Pic Du Jer Funicular, Lourdes
Pic Du Jer Funicular, Lourdes - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 59, avenue Francis Lagardère, 65100 Lourdes
Phone: +33 -0562940041
Ticket Price: 10 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 4.9K times in trip plans
Outdoors, View Point, Scenic Drive, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Train Ride
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
It is the summit in the Hautes-Pyrenees, offering the best panoramic view of Lourdes. The observatory located 1000 meters above the city let you get 360° panoramic view of Lourdes, Pau and its surrounding. It is located 951m above the city and is easily recognizable at night because of the big cross that lights up at night. At the top, you also get to see roe deer, moufflons, fawn-colored black vulture, Egyptian vulture. This summit is accessible only by funicular.
This funicular is popularly known as Pic de Jer Funicular, is a functional railway and has been operating since 1900. It transport visitors to the top of the summit where you can enjoy some activities after reaching over there. For instance, after going up by funicular, you can do activities like mountain biking. Else if you are not interested in this tour, hiking option is always open for you.
Pic Du Jer Funicular Information
- The service is open from 20th March to 11th November, 2015.
- The restaurant is open every day from 6:15am to 6pm.
- The caves are open. Visit at 11:10am, 1:40pm ,2:40pm ,3:40pm and 4:40pm.
- From 11 to 12 April, there is WORLD championship descent VTT.
- The tour is free for children below 6 years of age.
- You can enjoy mountain bike at the top of Pic du Jer.
- You can also enjoy a 3 hour hike with a 520m difference in altitude, if you are not interested in funicular tour.
- Group meals for at least 80 people are available in the restaurant but with prior booking.
Pic Du Jer Funicular Ticket Prices
- Young people (12 to 18 years old): 8.50€
- Children (less than 12years): 7.50€
- Family Ticket (2 adults + 2 children ): 30 €
- Group (more than 15 people):– Adult : 8.50 €; Children : 6.50 €
- School children (accompanied): 4€
Visit to the Grotto :
- Adult: 3,50 €; Children: 2,50 €
Mountain bike :
- One way : 7,50 €
- 1/2 day : 15.00 €
- Full Day : 30.00 €
Pic Du Jer Funicular Opening and Closing Hours
The Timing for Funicular Trip:-
- From 20th March to 5th July: Everyday – 9:30am – 6pm; Last Climb – 5:15pm
- From 6th July to 13th September:– Everyday – 9:30am – 7pm; Last Climb – 6:15pm
- From 14thSeptember to 25th October:– Everyday – 9:30am – 6pm; Last Climb – 5:15pm
- From 26th Octoberto 11th November:- Everyday – 9:30am – 5pm; Last Climb – 4:15pm
- From 18th Decemberto 31st December:- Everyday – 10am – 5pm; Last Climb – 4:15pm
How To reach Pic Du Jer Funicular by Public Transport
- From the center of the city, you can take city bus to reach the foothill. Else you can take little tourist train that leaves in every half an hour.
Restaurants Near Pic Du Jer Funicular
- There is a bar-restaurant at the top of the summit. It has a panoramic terrace next to the upper station offers hot and cold drinks, cakes, ice-creams, meals for lunch, group meals as well.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lourdes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lourdes and book an accommodation of your choice.
Pic Du Jer Funicular, Lourdes Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Hotel-restaurant Du Rocher
- Pic Du Jer (lourdes)
- Paroisse De Lourdes
- Hôtel Panorama
- Eglise Sainte-bernadette
- Hôtel Alba
- Hotel Continental
- Lourdes Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Lourdes
- What to See in 48 Hours in Lourdes
- What to See in 72 Hours in Lourdes
- How to Spend 5 Days in Lourdes
- How to Spend 6 Days in Lourdes
- How to Spend 7 Days in Lourdes