Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes, Lourdes
About Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes, Lourdes
Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes, Lourdes - Address, Phone Number
Address: 1 Avenue Monsiegneur Theas, 65108 Lourdes, France
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
Added 5.8K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Family And Kids, Adventure, Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Sanctuary of our Lady of Lourdes or the Domain (as it is commonly known) is considered as the most spiritual place of Lourdes, a destination for pilgrimage. People from all over the world come to take a dip in the icy-cold Lourdes water. At present, the ground is owned and looks after by Roman Catholics Church. They hold various religious programs, functions and arrange accommodations for the sick pilgrims and their helpers. The Domain also includes the Grotto that is said to be the replica of the one at Our Lady of Lourdes.
There is a myth surrounding the Domain that, in 1858, Virgin Mary had appeared in front of a 14-year old girl. This fact has somehow played a significant role in making this place as one of the religious destination.
Things to see:-
- BasiliqueSouterraine St-Pie X – It’s an underground Basilica.
- Basilique du Rosaire – It a minor basilica within the Sanctuary.
Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes Information
- To know the timings for prayer vigil, youth mass, day pilgrim service, rosary and processions, daily mass in English, international mass day, grotto.
- On May 13th and 16th August, there is no international mass.
- Thursday, May 14, the feast of the Ascension Feast: International Mass at the Basilica of St. Pius X.
- On May 17th, International Mass takes place at St. Bernadette Church.
- Saturday, August 15, Assumption Feast: French Mass at the meadow / International Mass at the same time at the Basilica of St. Pius X.
- On 7th October, there is no international mass(opening Mass of the pilgrimage of the Rosary.
- Entry is Free.
Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes Opening and Closing Hours
Youth Prayer Vigil:
- 9 pm Grotto, Mondays April 13, 20, 27 and May 4 Mondays 6, 13, 20 and 27 July and 3, 10, 17 and 24 August
- 9.30 am–12 am and 2:15 pm–6 pm
- Weekdays– 8.30 am-12.30 am and1.30 pm-6.00 pm Sundays and Holidays– 10.00 am-12.00 am and 2.00 pm-4.00 pm
- 9am – 12pm and 2pm – 7pm
How To reach Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes by Public Transport
- Nearby bus station– Transports bigorrePyrenees. From there, if you hire a car, it will take only 6 minutes.
Restaurants Near Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes
- Del Fiacco
- DeuxFreres Restaurant & Pizza
- Restaurant Hamelin
- L'etoile De Rigaud
- Restaurant Mont Rigaud
- Dairy Queen Yvon Leduc
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lourdes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lourdes and book an accommodation of your choice.
Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes, Lourdes Reviews - Write a Review
This is a wonderful place for the faithful and even for atheists. We had spent a day and night in this little town of Lourdes. The spiritual experience that we had from here is unbelievable. We visited this Basilica with kids and they enjoyed the stay and prayers too. The procession and the bathe in the holy water was rejuvenating. Loved to see the gathering of the sick and the healthy people in this prayerful environment. When you travel with kids, the administration allows you to places with priority as many f them donor come with kids.
One of the most important places for the Christians, deserve a visit once in the life. Impressing how many people, devote from all around the world, and how many infirm put their life in the holy virgin. Even the simple visitor couldn't visit Lourdes without reflect about the faith and religion.
A very very spiritual place. People from all over the world come here to participate in the procession and prayer. You have to come here and get a candle, get in that procession. Divine. Chill out in front of the place. It is really nice on a summers night. We were lucky enough to witness people dancing to their traditional music in front of the church. It was a lament for Our Lady
I loved this shrine! When you come, allow yourself at least an hour to walk the stations of the cross, there are dozens of people at each station and it's very hard to pass them. Also the path is rocky and uphill; I would recommend wearing good shoes. I highly recommend visiting the 3 basilicas along with attending a 21:30 rosary procession also.
There are so many reasons one makes the pilgrimage to this place, we are there too share all the experiences of the visit. So many wonderful surprises, as they are made especially for you, as an individual.
- Nearby Attractions
- Paroisse De Lourdes
- Hôtel Panorama
- Eglise Sainte-bernadette
- Hôtel Alba
- Hotel Continental
- Lourdes Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Lourdes
- What to See in 48 Hours in Lourdes
- What to See in 72 Hours in Lourdes
- How to Spend 5 Days in Lourdes
- How to Spend 6 Days in Lourdes
- How to Spend 7 Days in Lourdes