Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes1214 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1 Avenue Monsiegneur Theas, 65108 Lourdes, France
- Timings: 08:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-562427878
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids
The Sanctuary of our Lady of Lourdes or the Domain (as it is commonly known) is considered as the most spiritual place of Lourdes, a destination for pilgrimage. People from all over the world come to take a dip in the icy-cold Lourdes water. At present, the ground is owned and looks after by Roman Catholics Church. They hold various religious programs, functions and arrange accommodations for the sick pilgrims and their helpers. The Domain also includes the Grotto that is said to be the replica of the one at Our Lady of Lourdes.
There is a myth surrounding the Domain that, in 1858, Virgin Mary had appeared in front of a 14-year old girl. This fact has somehow played a significant role in making this place as one of the religious destination.
Things to see:-
- BasiliqueSouterraine St-Pie X – It’s an underground Basilica.
- Basilique du Rosaire – It a minor basilica within the Sanctuary.
Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes Travel Tips
- To know the timings for prayer vigil, youth mass, day pilgrim service, rosary and processions, daily mass in English, international mass day, grotto.
- On May 13th and 16th August, there is no international mass.
- Thursday, May 14, the feast of the Ascension Feast: International Mass at the Basilica of St. Pius X.
- On May 17th, International Mass takes place at St. Bernadette Church.
- Saturday, August 15, Assumption Feast: French Mass at the meadow / International Mass at the same time at the Basilica of St. Pius X.
- On 7th October, there is no international mass(opening Mass of the pilgrimage of the Rosary.
- Entry is Free.
Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes Hours
Youth Prayer Vigil:
- 9 pm Grotto, Mondays April 13, 20, 27 and May 4 Mondays 6, 13, 20 and 27 July and 3, 10, 17 and 24 August
- 9.30 am–12 am and 2:15 pm–6 pm
- Weekdays– 8.30 am-12.30 am and1.30 pm-6.00 pm Sundays and Holidays– 10.00 am-12.00 am and 2.00 pm-4.00 pm
- 9am – 12pm and 2pm – 7pm
How to Reach Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes
- Nearby bus station– Transports bigorrePyrenees. From there, if you hire a car, it will take only 6 minutes.
- Del Fiacco
- DeuxFreres Restaurant & Pizza
- Restaurant Hamelin
- L'etoile De Rigaud
- Restaurant Mont Rigaud
- Dairy Queen Yvon Leduc
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lourdes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lourdes and book an accommodation of your choice.
87.72% of people who visit Lourdes include Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
48.96% of people start their Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes
86.75% of people prefer walking in order to reach Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes