Sanctuairesnotre Dame De LourdesCurrently Closed
- Address: 1 Avenue Monsiegneur Theas, 65108 Lourdes, France
- Timings: 08:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-562427878
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Adventure, Cathedral
Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes - Review
The Sanctuary of our Lady of Lourdes or the Domain (as it is commonly known) is considered as the most spiritual place of Lourdes, a destination for pilgrimage. People from all over the world come to take a dip in the icy-cold Lourdes water. At present, the ground is owned and looks after by Roman Catholics Church. They hold various religious programs, functions and arrange accommodations for the sick pilgrims and their helpers. The Domain also includes the Grotto that is said to be the replica of the one at Our Lady of Lourdes.
There is a myth surrounding the Domain that, in 1858, Virgin Mary had appeared in front of a 14-year old girl. This fact has somehow played a significant role in making this place as one of the religious destination.
Things to see:-
- BasiliqueSouterraine St-Pie X – It’s an underground Basilica.
- Basilique du Rosaire – It a minor basilica within the Sanctuary.
Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes Information
- To know the timings for prayer vigil, youth mass, day pilgrim service, rosary and processions, daily mass in English, international mass day, grotto.
- On May 13th and 16th August, there is no international mass.
- Thursday, May 14, the feast of the Ascension Feast: International Mass at the Basilica of St. Pius X.
- On May 17th, International Mass takes place at St. Bernadette Church.
- Saturday, August 15, Assumption Feast: French Mass at the meadow / International Mass at the same time at the Basilica of St. Pius X.
- On 7th October, there is no international mass(opening Mass of the pilgrimage of the Rosary.
- Entry is Free.
Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes Hours
Youth Prayer Vigil:
- 9 pm Grotto, Mondays April 13, 20, 27 and May 4 Mondays 6, 13, 20 and 27 July and 3, 10, 17 and 24 August
- 9.30 am–12 am and 2:15 pm–6 pm
- Weekdays– 8.30 am-12.30 am and1.30 pm-6.00 pm Sundays and Holidays– 10.00 am-12.00 am and 2.00 pm-4.00 pm
- 9am – 12pm and 2pm – 7pm
How To reach Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes by Public Transport
- Nearby bus station– Transports bigorrePyrenees. From there, if you hire a car, it will take only 6 minutes.
Restaurants Near Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes
- Del Fiacco
- DeuxFreres Restaurant & Pizza
- Restaurant Hamelin
- L'etoile De Rigaud
- Restaurant Mont Rigaud
- Dairy Queen Yvon Leduc
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lourdes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lourdes and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes
95% of people who visit Lourdes include Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
48.96% of people start their Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes
86.75% of people prefer walking in order to reach Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes
Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes Trips
Sanctuairesnotre Dame De Lourdes, Lourdes Reviews
An architectural wonder. The beauty and art are truly impressive. Do not rush your time here. It's well worth staying several hours to visit the entire grounds, listen to a sermon, stand in line to touch the rock of the grotto, and don't forget to take holy water home with you. Photo opportunities at every turn. In order to avoid extreme crowds do not go during holy days or days that are explicitly set for mass pilgrimages.
I found it most impressive of all major shrines dedicated to the Virgin Mary. An overwhelming sens of peace and tranquillity. The evening candlelight procession is something extraordinary.
Supposed to be a place of worship but looks like a las Vegas resort. Neons everywhere in shops prior to the access and restaurants that spoil a necessary silence and respect. Added to this, we arrive late in the afternoon after hours of travelling to find that the bathing área is closed for us and that we cannot bathe there. I assumed that pilgrims would be entitled at any time dye to the importance of the place and the fact that the water should be available at any time of the day without having to use the taps available. But the institution believes the contrary. These things are what makes you doubt on the way things are taken up by the church nowadays.
No Fiji Water? Lol im Finna go to Wegmans lol
We found a great Bobble-Head -Pope in a local shop. Was interesting to watch the beggars sitting with empty cups for hours as pilgrims streamed past heading for the Holy Water . Lovely old building .