The Traditional Arts And Ethnology CentreCurrently Open
- Address: Traditional Arts and Ethnology Centre, Ban Khamyong, Luang Prabang, Lao PDR, Laos
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +856-71253364
- Ticket Price: 4 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Library, Cafe, Family And Kids, Arts And Crafts, Exhibition
Traditional Arts and Enthnology Center is a museum while exhibits the traditional arts and lifestyles of more than 30 ethnic groups of Laos. The collection comprises of traditional handmade clothing and textiles, household items, jewellery, handicrafts, farming tools, and objects of religious importance. The centre has a rotating display of exhibitions and a few permanent exhibitions of the most well-known ethnic minority groups: Akha, Hmong, Kmhmu and Tai Lue. The centre has a small library and a café. Also located here is a museum shop and a boutique shop where you can buy authentic village-made handicrafts, jewellery, accessories, clothing, and textiles as well as silks, naturally dyed cottons, toys, bamboo and may more.
The Traditional Arts And Ethnology Centre Travel Tips
- Exhibitions are presented in English and Lao.
- Translations are available in French, German, Spanish, and Japanese.
- Guided tours are available at an additional cost. Please refer the official website.
How to Reach The Traditional Arts And Ethnology Centre
- By car
- By tuktuk
- By bike
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Luang Prabang before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Luang Prabang and book an accommodation of your choice.
26.85% of people who visit Luang Prabang include The Traditional Arts And Ethnology Centre in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
84.44% of people start their The Traditional Arts And Ethnology Centre visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see The Traditional Arts And Ethnology Centre
90.56% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Traditional Arts And Ethnology Centre