Vat PhonxayCurrently Open
- Address: Phu Si Hill, Luang Prabang 0600, Laos
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Located in the town of Luang Prabang along the Mekong River on the Khem Kong Street is an old Buddhist temple called Wat Phonxay Sanasongkham. The temple has a staircase that has a seven-headed gilded nagas and king cobras. There are three main doors to this temple and the walls on the exterior are full of murals and paintings that tell a story. The temple ceiling is beautiful and intricate designs painted in red and white.
Vat Phonxay Travel Tips
- Look for ‘Remove Shoes’ sign before you enter the temple.
- Maintain peace and quiet once inside the temple.
How to Reach Vat Phonxay
- On foot
- By car
- By bike
- By tuktuk
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Luang Prabang before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Luang Prabang and book an accommodation of your choice.