Wat Pa Huak11 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 18/02 Khem Khong, Luang Prabang, Laos Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Wat Pa Huak is one of the oldest wooden temples in Luang Prabang. This temple is situated just opposite the entrance of the Royal Palace Museums and at the foothills of Mount Phousi. The front door is gilded and carved as is the rest of the temple in red, gold and white. The temple is surrounded by beautiful plants and trees which makes it very picturesque. Inside, you will find original paintings and murals from the 19th century which show many important scenes in the Lao and Chinese history.
Wat Pa Huak Travel Tips
- Check for ‘Remove Shoes’ sign before entering the temple.
- Once inside the temple, maintain silence.
How to Reach Wat Pa Huak
- On foot
- By car
- By bike
- By tuktuk
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Luang Prabang before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Luang Prabang and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Wat Pa Huak Address: 18/02 Khem Khong, Luang Prabang, Laos
- Wat Pa Huak Timing: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Wat Pa Huak(preferred time): 08:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Wat Pa Huak: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
1.58% of people who visit Luang Prabang include Wat Pa Huak in their plan
87.5% of people start their Wat Pa Huak visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Wat Pa Huak
75% of people prefer walking in order to reach Wat Pa Huak
People normally club together Morning Market and Wat Sop Sickharam while planning their visit to Wat Pa Huak.