Wat Phra Bat TaiCurrently Open
- Address: Chua Phat Tich Section 13 on 24, Luang Prabang 0600, Laos Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Originally called Wat Keo, Wat Phra Bat Tai is a 17th century temple located in the town of Luang Prabang and is also a monastery complex. Wat Phra Bat Tai is situated on the banks of Mekong River and small Vietnamese community that lived in Luang Prabang used to worship here. The original temple was burnt down in 1833 and the present temple was re-built and named Wat Phra Bat Tai. The temple has many idols of Buddha as well as a sleeping Buddha. The temple has a beautiful entrance gate which is coloured in white, red and golden.
Wat Phra Bat Tai Travel Tips
- Check for ‘Remove Shoes’ sign before entering the temple.
- Once inside the temple, maintain silence.
How to Reach Wat Phra Bat Tai
- On foot
- By car
- By bike
- By tuktuk
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Luang Prabang before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Luang Prabang and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Wat Phra Bat Tai Address: Chua Phat Tich Section 13 on 24, Luang Prabang 0600, Laos
- Wat Phra Bat Tai Timing: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Wat Phra Bat Tai(preferred time): 08:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Wat Phra Bat Tai: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.14% of people who visit Luang Prabang include Wat Phra Bat Tai in their plan
95% of people start their Wat Phra Bat Tai visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Wat Phra Bat Tai
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wat Phra Bat Tai
People normally also visit Morning Market while planning their trip to Wat Phra Bat Tai.