Lucca's monumental mura (wall) was built around the old city in the 16th and 17th centuries and remains in almost perfect condition due to the long periods of peace the city has enjoyed. Twelve metres high and 4km long, the ramparts are crowned with a tree-lined footpath that looks down on the centro storico and out towards the Apuane Alps.
This path is the favourite Lucchesi location for a passeggiata (traditional evening stroll), be it on foot, bicycle or inline skate. Children's playgrounds, swings and picnic tables beneath shady plane trees add a buzz of activity to Baluardo San Regolo, Baluardo San Salvatore and Baluardo Santa Croce – three of the 11 bastions studding the way – and older kids kick balls around on the vast green lawns of Baluardo San Donato.
Le Mura Di Lucca Travel Tips
- From January 1 to March 20 and from November 5 to December 31 is open by appointment only.
Entrance Ticket Details For Le Mura Di Lucca
- For Botanical garden:Full price from 14 to 65 years € 3.00
- Reduced admission: children aged 6 to 14, over 65
- Groups over 10 persons organized with tour guide € 2.00
- Combined ticket entire Botanical Gardens, Guinigi Tower and Clock Tower € 6.00
- Combined ticket reduced Botanical Gardens, clock Tower and Guinigi tower
- Tower of the Hours for groups over 10 people organized with tour guide, for over 65 and for children from 6 to 14 years € 5.00
- Free admission for children under 6 years
- disabled people with escort, schools of the town of Lucca
- Municipal school extra € 30.00 per class
- Card for citizens of Lucca € 20.00
How to Reach Le Mura Di Lucca
- By bus
- Albergo Celide
- Gli Orti di Via Elisa
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lucca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lucca and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Lucca include Le Mura Di Lucca in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
62.19% of people start their Le Mura Di Lucca visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Le Mura Di Lucca
52.87% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Le Mura Di Lucca