Le Mura Di LuccaCurrently Closed
- Address: Passeggiata delle Mura, Lucca, Italy
- Timings: 09:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Play Ground, Botanical Garden, Biking Trail, Walking Area, Historical Site, Leisure, Family And Kids, Architecture , Picnic Spot
Le Mura Di Lucca - Review
Lucca's monumental mura (wall) was built around the old city in the 16th and 17th centuries and remains in almost perfect condition due to the long periods of peace the city has enjoyed. Twelve metres high and 4km long, the ramparts are crowned with a tree-lined footpath that looks down on the centro storico and out towards the Apuane Alps.
This path is the favourite Lucchesi location for a passeggiata (traditional evening stroll), be it on foot, bicycle or inline skate. Children's playgrounds, swings and picnic tables beneath shady plane trees add a buzz of activity to Baluardo San Regolo, Baluardo San Salvatore and Baluardo Santa Croce – three of the 11 bastions studding the way – and older kids kick balls around on the vast green lawns of Baluardo San Donato.
Le Mura Di Lucca Information
- From January 1 to March 20 and from November 5 to December 31 is open by appointment only.
Le Mura Di Lucca Ticket Prices
- For Botanical garden:Full price from 14 to 65 years € 3.00
- Reduced admission: children aged 6 to 14, over 65
- Groups over 10 persons organized with tour guide € 2.00
- Combined ticket entire Botanical Gardens, Guinigi Tower and Clock Tower € 6.00
- Combined ticket reduced Botanical Gardens, clock Tower and Guinigi tower
- Tower of the Hours for groups over 10 people organized with tour guide, for over 65 and for children from 6 to 14 years € 5.00
- Free admission for children under 6 years
- disabled people with escort, schools of the town of Lucca
- Municipal school extra € 30.00 per class
- Card for citizens of Lucca € 20.00
How To reach Le Mura Di Lucca by Public Transport
- By bus
Restaurants Near Le Mura Di Lucca
- Albergo Celide
- Gli Orti di Via Elisa
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lucca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lucca and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Le Mura Di Lucca
95% of people who visit Lucca include Le Mura Di Lucca in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
62.19% of people start their Le Mura Di Lucca visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Le Mura Di Lucca
52.87% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Le Mura Di Lucca
Le Mura Di Lucca Trips
1 View24 Days 23 Nights24 Day Trip to France, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, Austria from Kuwait CityBy: Guest UserCity: Paris, Amsterdam, Heidelberg, Innsbruck, Italy, Rome, Pisa, Engelberg, Zurich
1 View35 Days 34 Nights35 Day Trip to France, Italy, United Kingdom, Spain from Blankenfelde-mahlowBy: Guest UserCity: London, Paris, Nice, Barcelona, Pompeii, Rome, Florence, Pisa, Venice, Milan
Le Mura Di Lucca, Lucca Reviews
The walls of Lucca are one of the biggest attractions of the city and can be circumnavigated on foot or by bike. We chose the latter option and there are several rental shops near the walls where travellers can rent bikes (adults, kids and baby seats) by the hour or day. Once you've got your wheels set off in either direction and enjoy the views of the city and countryside. Do be careful of other riders and pedestrians and if you enjoy cycling continue peddling on any of the paths in the parks that can be easily reached directly from the walls. Enjoy!
It's a nice place to walk or go running. Lots of trees which brings shade (necessary during the summer months). The wall is quite low so it doesn't give you such a good view of the city though.
Great city wall approximately 4 km long. Great for walking and cycling. There are lots off passages too so it's easy to get where you want too go. According to our host the wall is also safe to walk during the night.
An amazing experience - especially to bike through. Great views around every side of the wall.
unbelievably beautiful city... must see if you're in Tuscany!