Le Mura Di Lucca, Lucca
About Le Mura Di Lucca, Lucca
Le Mura Di Lucca, Lucca - Address, Ticket Price
Address: Passeggiata delle Mura, Lucca, Italy
Ticket Price: 6 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 20.1K times in trip plans
Play Ground, Botanical Garden, Biking Trail, Walking Area, Historical Site, Leisure, Family And Kids, Architecture , Picnic Spot
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Lucca's monumental mura (wall) was built around the old city in the 16th and 17th centuries and remains in almost perfect condition due to the long periods of peace the city has enjoyed. Twelve metres high and 4km long, the ramparts are crowned with a tree-lined footpath that looks down on the centro storico and out towards the Apuane Alps.
This path is the favourite Lucchesi location for a passeggiata (traditional evening stroll), be it on foot, bicycle or inline skate. Children's playgrounds, swings and picnic tables beneath shady plane trees add a buzz of activity to Baluardo San Regolo, Baluardo San Salvatore and Baluardo Santa Croce – three of the 11 bastions studding the way – and older kids kick balls around on the vast green lawns of Baluardo San Donato.
Le Mura Di Lucca Information
- From January 1 to March 20 and from November 5 to December 31 is open by appointment only.
Le Mura Di Lucca Ticket Prices
- For Botanical garden:Full price from 14 to 65 years € 3.00
- Reduced admission: children aged 6 to 14, over 65
- Groups over 10 persons organized with tour guide € 2.00
- Combined ticket entire Botanical Gardens, Guinigi Tower and Clock Tower € 6.00
- Combined ticket reduced Botanical Gardens, clock Tower and Guinigi tower
- Tower of the Hours for groups over 10 people organized with tour guide, for over 65 and for children from 6 to 14 years € 5.00
- Free admission for children under 6 years
- disabled people with escort, schools of the town of Lucca
- Municipal school extra € 30.00 per class
- Card for citizens of Lucca € 20.00
How To reach Le Mura Di Lucca by Public Transport
- By bus
Restaurants Near Le Mura Di Lucca
- Albergo Celide
- Gli Orti di Via Elisa
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lucca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lucca and book an accommodation of your choice.
Le Mura Di Lucca, Lucca Reviews - Write a Review
A lovely walk on a sunny day with great views across the old city. Nice shaded avenues of trees, sculptures & small museums dotted along the 4.5km circular route. Very enjoyable.
Beautiful walk around the historical centre of Lucca to sneak into the ancients buildings and gardens. Better rent a bike or similar, it's about 4km long.
The walls of Lucca give you a great view of this remarkable city. Though it can be a bit of a challenge to get up to the walls if you have a stroller or something similar with you; walking around them is easy. Do watch your children as there a no fences that prevent them from falling off!
The Walls are what makes Lucca so special and different, also for the people who lives inside this fantastic green ring!
Great place to have a long walk or ride a bike. You can go around the city, which is approximately 3,5 km. Walk is easy and peaceful with a great views of the city.
- Nearby Attractions
- Viale Luporini, Lucca Parcheggio
- Orto Botanico
- Palazzo Rocchi Hotel
- Elisa Gate
- Saint Maria Gate
- Hotel Napoleon
- Saint Pietro Gate
- Villa Bottini
- Tuscany Cruises On The Road , By Riccardo Scarafoni
- Piazza Antelminelli
- Lucca Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Lucca
- What to See in 48 Hours in Lucca
- What to See in 72 Hours in Lucca
- How to Spend 5 Days in Lucca
- How to Spend 6 Days in Lucca
- How to Spend 7 Days in Lucca