Are you looking for what to do in Lucca?
PLACES TO SEE
Lucca is filled with old building, ancient Roman sites and palaces. Take a walk through the streets and discover it in your own way.
- DomusRomana: The remains of this old Roman home have been partially excavated and can be seen at CesareBattisiGiorgio. Entrance is free.
- Palazzo Pfanner: This palazzo was originally inhabited by the Pfanner family and there are rooms which have been preserved so you can see what their lives were like. There is a lovely garden and you will be able to see some 19thcentury medical equipment.
- Torre delle Ore: This ancient clock tower still has its original clock in working order and you can go upstairs on this tower – the view is gorgeous and you will see Fillungo Street.
- Duomo di San Martino: This Romanesque cathedral dates back to the 1300s and contains the not-to-be missed Volto Santo and IlariadelCarretto’s Sarcophagus which was done by Jacopo dellaQuercia. There are some interesting carvings in the marble exterior, including a labyrinth.
- Roman amphitheatre: The remains of the amphitheatre are gone but there are some gorgeous houses of medieval origin where the stands were which are worth seeing.
Below we have a list of things to do in Lucca and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Lucca getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Lucca with confidence.