Torre Delle Ore466 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Via dell'Arancio, Lucca, Italy
- Timings: 10:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: 390-583316846
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Watch Tower, View Point, Historical Site, Tower, Architecture
Highest tower overlooking the city of Lucca, the construction of the structure dates back to 14th century. The tower is 164 tall and survives unlikely to the other 130 towers of Lucca. Built as a part of a home for a rich family for purpose of protection and a symbol of power and wealth, this tower houses a clock which runs on an old mechanism and is still wound by hands. It’s well worth being here when the bells chime to see the wheels and gears turn. They move rapidly and noisily to regulate the number of times the bells are struck.
You can climb the tower and reach the top with the help of its 207 well-maintained stairs built in wood. Admire the alluring sight of Lucca from the top and click pictures to preserve memories!
Torre Delle Ore Travel Tips
- The staircase is narrow and steep, so climbing may be difficult for the elderly.
- Don’t stand near the tower bells when they strike on the hour since the noise is very loud.
Entrance Ticket Details For Torre Delle Ore
- 2,50 Euros (servicemen, children younger than 10 years old, groups of 20 people, students, people older than 65 years old)
- 6,50 Euros (cumulative ticket for Torre delle Ore and Torre Guinigi)
How to Reach Torre Delle Ore
- By bus
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lucca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lucca and book an accommodation of your choice.
60.44% of people who visit Lucca include Torre Delle Ore in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
53.19% of people start their Torre Delle Ore visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Torre Delle Ore
80.87% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Torre Delle Ore