On the coast of Jamaica, in the parish of Hanover, is the town of Lucea. Pronounced “Lucy”, it is an upcoming resort destination and lies between the cities of Montego Bay and Negril.The town of Lucea is rumored to have been named after Christopher Columbus's son Luis.
Lucea, Jamaica trips provide an interesting insight into its cultural history through its well-preserved historic buildings. It is a picturesque coastal town surrounded by hills on three sides and built on a natural harbor. Once a bustling port, Lucea is now famous for the cultivation of the renowned “Lucea Yam”.
Travel to Lucea, Jamaica for its pristine white-sand beaches and clear turquoise waters. The beaches are clean and less crowded than other popular resort destinations.
Essential travel information and Lucea tips for your visit
- Use mosquito repellents and nets, as the mosquito problem is quite a concern when visiting Jamaica. People have been known to contract dengue fever from bites.
- Do not travel alone at night, especially women and avoid walking to anywhere in the city in the night. Taxis are your safest bet.
- Homosexuality is prohibited in the country and the laws and punishment are quite severe.
- Contrary to perception, marijuana in illegal in Jamaica and the penalties are high if caught in possession of illegal drugs.
- A handshake is an acceptable form of greeting in formal and informal settings.
- Negotiate with taxis in advance so you know the exact fare before hand in order to avoid problems later.
Lucea Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Lucea. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Lucea trip planner.