If it’s a thing Switzerland is famous for other than cheese, chocolates and cows, it’s the frescoed towns strewn all over the breathtakingly beautiful country. Lucerne is a fine example of having preserved the city’s historic frescoed buildings and incorporated them with the city’s new and upcoming architecture.
Your Swiss adventure isn’t complete without a trip to the city of some fascinating tourist attractions. Lucerne tourism is never for want for travelers as it’s quite a popular city to travel to. Don’t be discouraged by the size of the city; the beauty of sight-seeing Lucerne lies in the proximity of the things to see. You only need a travel guide for the directions and names of attractions.
Not only do experience some Swiss culture and heritage, in addition to panoramic vistas of/from the Alps, you could also indulge in some winter activities from one of the coveted winter destinations around the globe.
Essential travel information and Lucerne tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC/GMT +2 hours
- Currency: Swiss Francs.
- Electricity: Electricity in Switzerland is 230 V, 50 Hz AC
- Internet: 3G and 4G connections are available in almost all the hotels and major public places in the city.
- Languages: Predominantly Swiss German and English
- Security: Police-117, Fire Department-118, Ambulances- 144.
- Tipping: It is not compulsory to tip in Switzerland but if you’re more than happy with the service, then tip an amount which is 5-10 percent of the bill.
- Other tips: Lucerne is considered to be one of the safest cities of Europe. Lucerne is a safe city for women to travel alone to, even at night.
- Due to the heavy tourist influx the city receives, tourists can fall prey to petty thievery like pick pocketing.
- Exercise the regular amount of caution and keep an eye on your belongings; don’t carry anything flashy and carry just enough cash for the day.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Lucerne
Save 4%Mount Pilatus Summer Day Trip from Lucerne
5 Hrs 30 Mins509 Reviews
Save 5%Golden Round Trip with Lake Cruise to Mt Pilatus from Lucerne Self-Guided Tour
4 Hrs 30 Mins53 Reviews
Save 13%Mt Pilatus Experience Self-Guided Tour
2 Hrs 15 Mins41 Reviews
Save 5%Mount Titlis Eternal Snow Half-Day Trip from Lucerne
5 Hrs 30 Mins368 Reviews
Save 4%Mount Rigi and Lucerne Summer Day Trip from Zurich
9 Hrs 30 Mins172 Reviews
Save 1%7-Day Taste of Europe Tour from Paris: Switzerland, Italy and France
7 Days51 Reviews