If it’s a thing Switzerland is famous for other than cheese, chocolates and cows, it’s the frescoed towns strewn all over the breathtakingly beautiful country. Lucerne is a fine example of having preserved the city’s historic frescoed buildings and incorporated them with the city’s new and upcoming architecture.
Your Swiss adventure isn’t complete without a trip to the city of some fascinating tourist attractions. Lucerne tourism is never for want for travelers as it’s quite a popular city to travel to. Don’t be discouraged by the size of the city; the beauty of sight-seeing Lucerne lies in the proximity of the things to see. You only need a travel guide for the directions and names of attractions.
Not only do experience some Swiss culture and heritage, in addition to panoramic vistas of/from the Alps, you could also indulge in some winter activities from one of the coveted winter destinations around the globe.
Essential travel information and Lucerne tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC/GMT +2 hours
- Currency: Swiss Francs.
- Electricity: Electricity in Switzerland is 230 V, 50 Hz AC
- Internet: 3G and 4G connections are available in almost all the hotels and major public places in the city.
- Languages: Predominantly Swiss German and English
- Security: Police-117, Fire Department-118, Ambulances- 144.
- Tipping: It is not compulsory to tip in Switzerland but if you’re more than happy with the service, then tip an amount which is 5-10 percent of the bill.
- Other tips: Lucerne is considered to be one of the safest cities of Europe. Lucerne is a safe city for women to travel alone to, even at night.
- Due to the heavy tourist influx the city receives, tourists can fall prey to petty thievery like pick pocketing.
- Exercise the regular amount of caution and keep an eye on your belongings; don’t carry anything flashy and carry just enough cash for the day.
Lucerne Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Lucerne. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Lucerne trip planner.