Lake Lucerne10526 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Lucerne, Switzerland
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Lake, Boating, Cruise
A little outside of Lucerne, the ride to Lake Lucerne is just as picturesque as the destination. Many a poets swear by the beauty the lake emanates and you’ll be mad as a hatter if you don’t see it for yourself. With a promise for an indescribable view, at first sight, Lake Lucerne is reminiscent of a fjord (save the weather of course) that seems to extend its way to the mountains and make way around them.
Lake Lucerne has everything- majestic peaks, limestone cliffs, thick forest cover attracting Alpine wildlife and vast expanses of blue water. Rightly called the Lake of the Four Cantons in German, a cruise ship on Lake Lucerne is sure to make it to your bucket-list if it hasn’t already..
Lake Lucerne Hours
- Since the lake is an unfenced attraction, it has no business hours, but visit the lake during daylight hours.
- Visiting the lake as such needs no entrance fee, but the means to get there certainly will.
How to Reach Lake Lucerne
- Visit Lake Lucerne’s website for their seasonal ferry timetable.
- The boats usually leave from in front of the city’s railway station.
- You’ll have to come back to Lucerne to grab a bite. Visit Lake Lucerne on a full stomach.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lucerne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lucerne and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Lucerne include Lake Lucerne in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
57.78% of people start their Lake Lucerne visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Lake Lucerne
91.22% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lake Lucerne