Chota Imambara552 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Daulatganj, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226003, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-5223303030
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mosque, Water Body, Historical Site, Monument, Family And Kids
This beautiful building was built in 1837-40 by Nawab Muhammad Ali Shah. It is also known as the Husainabad Imambara. The whole place is beautifully decked up like a pretty bride. Attractive chandeliers brought in from Belgium are one of the major point of interests to the place. The golden dome, silver throne and gold-edged mirrors add to the extravagant prettiness of the place. The graves are cornered with railings and covered in pashmina. There’s a stupendous monument akin to the Taj Mahal which is a supporting building. There’s a water tank with supporting buildings on either side. Some interesting building on either side is the “Shahi Hamam” or Royal Baths. The place is also graced with a beautiful mosque inside it.
Chota Imambara Travel Tips
- Owing to its historical importance, it is expected of people to not cause any damage to the place, in any which way.
- Soft spoken, well mannered guides are available to take you to a trip to the whole place at a nominal price.
Entrance Ticket Details For Chota Imambara
- 300 INR for foreigners
- 25 INR for Indian tourists
Chota Imambara Hours
- The above timings ply for all days of the week.
- Please visit the official website to know the schedule of the place on festivals and special occasions.
How to Reach Chota Imambara
- Bus: Mishra Bus Service and Jaiswal Bus Service are the nearby bus stations to this place.
- Auto: Auto and Rickshaw services are available nearby
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lucknow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lucknow and book an accommodation of your choice.
64.71% of people who visit Lucknow include Chota Imambara in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
74.32% of people start their Chota Imambara visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Chota Imambara
86.76% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chota Imambara