Chota ImambaraCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Daulatganj, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226003, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-5223303030
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mosque, Water Body, Historical Site, Monument, Family And Kids
Chota Imambara - Review
This beautiful building was built in 1837-40 by Nawab Muhammad Ali Shah. It is also known as the Husainabad Imambara. The whole place is beautifully decked up like a pretty bride. Attractive chandeliers brought in from Belgium are one of the major point of interests to the place. The golden dome, silver throne and gold-edged mirrors add to the extravagant prettiness of the place. The graves are cornered with railings and covered in pashmina. There’s a stupendous monument akin to the Taj Mahal which is a supporting building. There’s a water tank with supporting buildings on either side. Some interesting building on either side is the “Shahi Hamam” or Royal Baths. The place is also graced with a beautiful mosque inside it.
Chota Imambara Information
- Owing to its historical importance, it is expected of people to not cause any damage to the place, in any which way.
- Soft spoken, well mannered guides are available to take you to a trip to the whole place at a nominal price.
Chota Imambara Ticket Prices
- 300 INR for foreigners
- 25 INR for Indian tourists
Chota Imambara Opening and Closing Hours
- The above timings ply for all days of the week.
- Please visit the official website to know the schedule of the place on festivals and special occasions.
How To reach Chota Imambara by Public Transport
- Bus: Mishra Bus Service and Jaiswal Bus Service are the nearby bus stations to this place.
- Auto: Auto and Rickshaw services are available nearby
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lucknow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lucknow and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Chota Imambara
95% of people who visit Lucknow include Chota Imambara in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
74.12% of people start their Chota Imambara visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Chota Imambara
59.46% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chota Imambara
Chota Imambara Map
Chota Imambara Trips
Chota Imambara, Lucknow Reviews
On of the best looking monuments in Lucknow. It's architecture is very beautiful and a lot of peoples visit here daily.
What's good The carvings on the wall are beautiful. Place is serene. What's not good Scale is small and takes not more than 10 minutes. What to do Compared to Bada Imambara, this is a carving on the wall. It's beautiful but small. Enjoy the serenity.
Historic place, Not maintained well. But can be visited once considering that it's a historical place. Bada Imambara is much better.
Being one of the important monuments of the Lucknowi tourist zone this place may not please by the first look as the compound looks a bit overcrowded with inner monuments. But yes the central pond does provide a beautiful sight and once you enter the Imambada you can see many things that reflect great Awadh history. Give yourself some time and explore the magnificent interiors.
Very nice place. I was there for very less time so did not get the opportunity to hire the guide, but will recommend to hire one so one can know the history. The Chora Imambara is kind of replica of Bada Imambara but as the name suggests smaller than the later. It was kind of under renovation but still open for visit, the look is new from the out because of renovation.
All QuestionsChota imambara
- Dom Katechetyczny
- Muzeum Im. A. Kłosińskiego
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najdroższej Krwi Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka P.w. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka. Wikarówka
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Małgorzaty I Katarzyny
- Łukasz Błaszków
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka Pw. Swiętej Małgorzaty I Świętej Katarzyny
- Dworzec Autobusowy
- Rejestracja Video Flisowski Stefan
- Urząd Miasta - Naczelnik Skierniewice
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Garnizonowa Wniebowzięcia NMP
- Miejski Ośrodek Kultury
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Jakuba Apostoła
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa