Events and Festivals in Lucknow
- National Kite Flying Competition: The tradition of kite flying is very famous in the city during Makar Sankranti. This tournament, however, is organized on a very grand scale wherein a lot of clubs take part. It is usually celebrated in the month of November.
- Lucknow Mahotsav: Probably one of the largest fair in the state, this is a celebration and coming together of an array of shops, outlets and food stalls from all over the city under one roof. Usually a one week affair, it is revered and looked forward to avidly by the folks of the city. This fair usually falls in the month of October.
- Vrindavan Sharadotsav: This festival is dedicated to Lord Krishna of Hindu mythology and is not exactly a main festival of the city. The festival is celebrated to mark the growth of Lord Krishna as a child to an adult. It is celebrated in the month of October.
- Holi: Being a vital part of North India, the city celebrates the festival of colours and joy like no other. There’s streets strewn with colours and flowers with folks playing and celebrating, throughout the city. It is usually celebrated in the month of March.
- Diwali: This festival of lights is again a mighty celebration for the folks of the city. The skies light up with a million hues and sparks at night and people feast on rich food after the bursting of crackers. It usually falls in the month of October or November.
- Dusshera: Celebrated as a victory of good over the evil, this festival is celebrated as a feast and fair after the fast of 9 days that the Hindus follow. There’s effigies of Ravana which are burnt in parks and grounds, which are light up with fairs and festivities. It usually falls in the month of October or November.
- Lucknow Literary Festival: Lucknow Literary Festival is organized by Lucknow Society annually. The festival invokes the creative spirit of the city and harks upon the literati from all over the city to come together and celebrate the literary spirit. An array of scholars, artists and critics from all over the country come down to grace this event.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Lucknow