Jama Masjid, Lucknow
Jama Masjid, Lucknow - Address, Phone Number
Address: Daulatganj, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226003
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 05:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
Added 2.7K times in trip plans
Mosque, Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Jama Masjid, Lucknow
Built in the year 1423, Sultan Ahmed Shah constructed the Jama Masjid entirely with yellow sandstone. It is known for its intricate style of design and architecture. It is known to be the most beautiful mosques of India. It is also known as “Jami Mosque”. The Muslims collect here on important and auspicious occasions. Located in the heart of the city, it has a combination of Hindu and Muslim architecture. The structure stands upright on 260 pillars that support 15 arched domes. The domes have beautiful and intricate designs and is an architectural splendour. The pillars have carvings that are inspired by Hindu and Jain culture. The whole place is beautifully preserved by the concerned authorities.
Jama Masjid Information
- Being a mausoleum, it is expected to maintain the sanctity and piousness of the place.
- Non-Muslims are not allowed in the prayer halls of the mosque.
- Women are not allowed in the prayer hall of the mosque.
- Women are to cover their heads with a scarf in the premises of the mosque.
- If you prefer to see it with little distance, you will be asked to take off your shoes and be on the raised platform to view its excellent architecture.
Jama Masjid Opening and Closing Hours
- The Mosque stays open on the above timings on all days of the week.
How To reach Jama Masjid by Public Transport
- Bus: Mishra Bus Service and Jaiswal Bus Service are the nearby bus stations to this place.
- Auto: Auto and Rickshaw services are available nearby.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lucknow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lucknow and book an accommodation of your choice.
Jama Masjid, Lucknow Reviews - Write a Review
Amazing Interior and outer, you can see hand carving there, This is shiya Jama Masjid in Husainabad. Lots of people Reciting Namaz there everyday.
Muslim in india acts like fachist. Not even allow to go close to the bulding... easy to understand why they get that much problem with hindu...
It's a large mosque that offered a peaceful environment for the namazis to offer the prayers.
Very huge n beautiful mosque..silent surroudings..perfect
The information is wrong. The mosque shown in the photo is actually situated at Tahseenganj, Husainabad, Lucknow. This mosque is called "Shahi Jama Masjid", it one of the Five Biggest Mosque in India.