Tours for Jama Masjid
About Jama Masjid, Lucknow
Built in the year 1423, Sultan Ahmed Shah constructed the Jama Masjid entirely with yellow sandstone. It is known for its intricate style of design and architecture. It is known to be the most beautiful mosques of India. It is also known as “Jami Mosque”. The Muslims collect here on important and auspicious occasions. Located in the heart of the city, it has a combination of Hindu and Muslim architecture. The structure stands upright on 260 pillars that support 15 arched domes. The domes have beautiful and intricate designs and is an architectural splendour. The pillars have carvings that are inspired by Hindu and Jain culture. The whole place is beautifully preserved by the concerned authorities.
Jama Masjid Information
- Being a mausoleum, it is expected to maintain the sanctity and piousness of the place.
- Non-Muslims are not allowed in the prayer halls of the mosque.
- Women are not allowed in the prayer hall of the mosque.
- Women are to cover their heads with a scarf in the premises of the mosque.
- If you prefer to see it with little distance, you will be asked to take off your shoes and be on the raised platform to view its excellent architecture.
Jama Masjid Opening and Closing Hours
- The Mosque stays open on the above timings on all days of the week.
How To Get To Jama Masjid by Public Transport
- Bus: Mishra Bus Service and Jaiswal Bus Service are the nearby bus stations to this place.
- Auto: Auto and Rickshaw services are available nearby.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lucknow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lucknow and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: Daulatganj, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226003
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 05:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
Added 2.7K times in trip plans
Mosque, Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Jama Masjid Tickets And Tours
Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh, extends along the banks of the River Gomti. The creator of Lucknow as it is today was Nawab Asaf-ud-Daula. The city became known as a centre for Urdu poetry and courtly diction, and reached its acme during the reign of Wajid Ali Shah who was a connoisseur of music and poetry. This full-day private tour will take you to La Martiniere College, Residency, Asafi Imambara, Hussainabad Imambara, Rumi Gate, Picture Gallery, Saadat Ali Khan Tomb and Dilkusha Palace.
Share your experience - Rate Jama Masjid, Lucknow
It's a large mosque that offered a peaceful environment for the namazis to offer the prayers.
Very huge n beautiful mosque..silent surroudings..perfect
The information is wrong. The mosque shown in the photo is actually situated at Tahseenganj, Husainabad, Lucknow. This mosque is called "Shahi Jama Masjid", it one of the Five Biggest Mosque in India.
World class most super infrastructure I even seen in my life
It is known that this mosque has jinns and jinnats
- Nearby Attractions
- Fun Republic
- East End Mall
- Kaiserbagh Palace
- Gautam Buddha Park
- Victoria Memorial
- Indira Gandhi Planetarium
- Kukrail Forest Reserve
- Nawabganj Bird Sanctuary
- Chattar Manzil
- Hotels Near Jama Masjid
- Hotels Near Jama Masjid
- 5 Star Hotels Near Jama Masjid
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Jama Masjid
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Jama Masjid
- Budget Hotels Near Jama Masjid
- Cheap Hotels Near Jama Masjid
- Luxury Hotels Near Jama Masjid
- Lucknow Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Lucknow
- 2 Days in Lucknow
- 3 Days in Lucknow
- 4 Days in Lucknow
- 5 Days in Lucknow
- 6 Days in Lucknow
- 7 Days in Lucknow