Jama Masjid, LucknowCurrently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: Daulatganj, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226003, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-5222307037
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
About Jama Masjid, Lucknow
Built in the year 1423, Sultan Ahmed Shah constructed the Jama Masjid entirely with yellow sandstone. It is known for its intricate style of design and architecture. It is known to be the most beautiful mosques of India. It is also known as “Jami Mosque”. The Muslims collect here on important and auspicious occasions. Located in the heart of the city, it has a combination of Hindu and Muslim architecture. The structure stands upright on 260 pillars that support 15 arched domes. The domes have beautiful and intricate designs and is an architectural splendour. The pillars have carvings that are inspired by Hindu and Jain culture. The whole place is beautifully preserved by the concerned authorities.
Jama Masjid Information
- Being a mausoleum, it is expected to maintain the sanctity and piousness of the place.
- Non-Muslims are not allowed in the prayer halls of the mosque.
- Women are not allowed in the prayer hall of the mosque.
- Women are to cover their heads with a scarf in the premises of the mosque.
- If you prefer to see it with little distance, you will be asked to take off your shoes and be on the raised platform to view its excellent architecture.
Jama Masjid Opening and Closing Hours
- The Mosque stays open on the above timings on all days of the week.
How To reach Jama Masjid by Public Transport
- Bus: Mishra Bus Service and Jaiswal Bus Service are the nearby bus stations to this place.
- Auto: Auto and Rickshaw services are available nearby.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lucknow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lucknow and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Jama Masjid
95% of people who visit Lucknow include Jama Masjid in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
33.36% of people start their Jama Masjid visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jama Masjid
83.81% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jama Masjid
Jama Masjid, Lucknow Reviews
Jama Masjid #speakingsnap #speakingsnapshot #nature #natural #photo #travelaroundworld #awesome #amazing #trevlography #traveling #photoblog #awesome #incredableindia #worldisone #freedom #fromLUCKNOW The construction of this mosque was started in the year 1839 A.D. by His Majesty King Mohammad Ali Shah Bahadur (3rd King of Oudh) with the intention to surpass the Jama Masjid at Delhi in size, but after his death the mosque was completed by his wife Queen Malika Jahan Sahiba in the year 1845 A.D.
Jama Masjid is famous shia masjid.Its a largest shia masjid of Lucknow.
Amazing Interior and outer, you can see hand carving there, This is shiya Jama Masjid in Husainabad. Lots of people Reciting Namaz there everyday.
Muslim in india acts like fachist. Not even allow to go close to the bulding... easy to understand why they get that much problem with hindu...
The best place located in lucknow.....