Rumi Darwaza573 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Machchhi Bhavan, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226003, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Rumi Darwaza of Lucknow is one of the most impressive architecture. It was built in the year 1784 by Nawab Asaf-ud-daula. It is similar in its architectural design to Turkish architecture. The Rumi Darwaza goes upto a staggering height of 60 feet. At the top is an umbrella carved beautifully, that can be accessed by a staircase. The Rumi Darwaza is one of the finest gateways that there is in the country. Atop the structure a lamp was placed that would light up the whole place at night. Jet sprays of water would spout out of it at night from the centres of the flower bud that makes it look like gateway of paradise. The Rumi Darwaza is a must visit if you are travelling to Lucknow.
Rumi Darwaza Travel Tips
- Being a monument of architectural importance, it is expected to maintain the sanctity of the monument.
How to Reach Rumi Darwaza
- Bus: Tai Bus Service and Mishra Bus Service are the nearby bus stops to this place.
- Auto: There are quite a few auto and rickshaw services available nearby.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lucknow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lucknow and book an accommodation of your choice.
47.36% of people who visit Lucknow include Rumi Darwaza in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
51.85% of people start their Rumi Darwaza visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Rumi Darwaza
64.79% of people prefer walking in order to reach Rumi Darwaza
Rumi Darwaza Reviews & Ratings
TimingAnswer Report Abuse