The Residency Lucknow
Tours for The Residency Lucknow
About The Residency Lucknow, Lucknow
The British Residency is a famous historical landmark of this place. It is now in ruins and has been declared as a protected monument by the Archaeological Survey of India. It is known to have provided refuge to the Britishers in the uprising at the First War of Independence. It is a government office today and a famous attraction of the city. It has a cannon right in front of it and a field with lush greenery too.
The Residency Lucknow Information
- Owing to its historical importance, it is expected of people to not cause any damage to the place, in any which way.
The Residency Lucknow Tickets Prices
- 100 INR (for foreigners)
- 5 INR (for Indians)
The Residency Lucknow Opening and Closing Hours
- The above timings ply for all days of the week.
- Please visit the official website to know the schedule of the place on festivals and special occasions.
How To Get To The Residency Lucknow by Public Transport
- Bus: Friends Bus Service and Avon Bus Service are the nearby bus services to this place.
- Auto: Auto and Rickshaw services are available nearby.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lucknow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lucknow and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: Mahatma Gandhi Marg, Deep Manak Nagar, Qaiserbagh, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226001
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 3.2K times in trip plans
Landmark, Historical Site, Monument, War Memorial, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book The Residency Lucknow Tickets And Tours
This guided food tour allows you to hop in and out of traditional
roadside eateries giving you an opportunity to try a variety of
different kinds of delicious local foods. This is a
guided tour with your own set of cutlery and basic dining gadgets provided that
allows you to experience the best of the best in traditional restaurants,
where the recipes were not only invented but actually perfected,
without having to worry about how to eat without a fork or to wipe your
hands clean after you are done.
Share your experience - Rate The Residency Lucknow, Lucknow
A beautiful piece of Lucknow's British history. The Britishers made it as their settlement in the city. The infamous and most fierce battle between the forces of oudh and the Britishers was fought here. It has a history museum and many graves of famous British soldiers and generals.
A beautiful historical place. The freedom struggle movement started from here. Ruins tell the past history. Was the official residence of British
A journey in time of India's first freedom fight.....Well maintained....Keep your water bottle with you as you have to walk a lot here
Really great place where you can know about your history. Place is dedicated to war of 1857. Must visit once
Absolutely wonderful ruins depicting what's left of the British Residency in Lucknow. ASI has maintained the place very well and it's a quiet corner in the hustling city.
- Nearby Attractions
- Fun Republic
- East End Mall
- Kaiserbagh Palace
- Gautam Buddha Park
- Victoria Memorial
- Indira Gandhi Planetarium
- Kukrail Forest Reserve
- Nawabganj Bird Sanctuary
- Chattar Manzil
- Hotels Near The Residency Lucknow
- Hotels Near The Residency Lucknow
- 5 Star Hotels Near The Residency Lucknow
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near The Residency Lucknow
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near The Residency Lucknow
- Budget Hotels Near The Residency Lucknow
- Cheap Hotels Near The Residency Lucknow
- Luxury Hotels Near The Residency Lucknow
- Lucknow Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Lucknow
- 2 Days in Lucknow
- 3 Days in Lucknow
- 4 Days in Lucknow
- 5 Days in Lucknow
- 6 Days in Lucknow
- 7 Days in Lucknow