Are you looking for what to do in Lucknow?
THINGS TO SEE
- Bada Imambada: Known to have the largest arch hall in the world, this place also holds religious importance for Muslims, apart from the rich architectural and historical heritage that it is to the city.
- Chota Imambara: This is another exquisite monument from the Mughal era known for its gold plated large and small domes.
- Residency: It is a group of several buildings in a smaller precinct. Now in ruins, it is now surrounded by other buildings now.
- Hazratganj: Known to be a famous shopping area of the city, this place is a must visit place for food lovers and shopaholics of the city.
- Rumi Darwaza: Known to be one of the most ancient architectural monuments of the city, it is a must visit for all the travellers to the city.
- Chowk: Home to one of the oldest markets of the city, this place is a must visit for its old world charm and appeal.
- La Martiniere College: Established in the 17th century, this place is stunning in its ancient heritage and architecture.
- Jama Masjid: Made entirely of sandstone, it is known for its intricate style of design and architecture. The mosque is an important place of visit to the Muslims, who visit this place during festivals.
- Ramakrishna Math: Known for its dedicated services and peaceful environment, this place has been providing its services to the folks of the city for quite sometime now.
- Dr Ambedkar Udyan: Made entirely of sandstone and marble, this is a huge park and ideal for an evening walk and retreat.
THINGS TO DO
Lucknow with its rich culture and heritage opens up a pandora’s box of goodies to shop at and from. Here’s a list of must visit markets and places in Lucknow:
- Hazratganj: Home to quite a few stores of national and international repute, this place is situated in the heart of Lucknow and should be a must visit for every traveller to the city. There’s Love Lane which offers cheap clothes, shoes and accessories. Another must visit place is the “Changammal Store”, which is famous for its Chikan clothing. This place is home to many famous eating outlets of the city.
- Janpath: This place is quite famous amongst the youngsters of the city. It is known for the array of famous Chikankari embroidery work and ittar or perfume, which are readily available here at reasonable prices.
- Aminabad: Considered to be in existence since the period of the Nawabs, this market is one of the oldest markets in the city. The market is famous for selling books, jewellery, regular bric and brac, along with attires for Indian weddings. It also has an array of famous eating joints of the city.
- Chowk Market: This place is yet again one of the oldest markets of the city. It is famous for its criss-cross by lanes. It is known for selling famous chikankari embroidery, ittar, antique items and handmade nagra juttis. There’s beautifully carved ivory items splendidly at display and available for purchase too. Many famous delicacies of the city are also available here.
- Nakhas Market: This market is known to be 200 years old. Believed to be the oldest market in the city, in the most old part, this place is famous for its zardozi embroidered garments, wooden items and jewellery. The market is divided into various sub markets namely, Nakhas Bazar, Bird Market and Vegetable Market, to make shopping easier for the customers.
Most of the nightlife in Lucknow is centred at posh areas of the city and malls mostly. Few of the must visit places in the city are:
- Zero Degree Lounge & Disc: Located inside Riverside Mall, it is a place spacious enough for a small party or get together. There’s a dance floor, music in the background, food and drinks to top the charts. You’d usually find the young crowd hanging out here.
- Blue- The Lounge: Known for the extravagant parties that it hosts and throws, it is a must stop place for the nightlife lovers.
- Mint: This is a lounge cum restaurant, which offers excellent outdoor seating during monsoons. It is also an excellent place to hangout.
- Theka- The Piccadily: This place is again a lounge cum dining area, which specialises in finger food. Graced with a swanky dance floor, it is known to hold private parties.
Below we have a list of things to do in Lucknow and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Lucknow getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Lucknow with confidence.