Cockscomb Limestone cave is 600 million years old natural cave, which was found during the Qing Dynasty. The cave holds an important position in archaeology, scientific research and tourism. It also comes under the top ten scenic spots of Henan Province and has a pleasant climate around the year. The cave is very large and irregular, with different figures like ‘the heavenly dog watching the moon’, ‘the divine Tortoise Ferrying the Celestial Old Man’, ‘The Dragon Enwinding the Jade Column’ and 88 more different structures. The Cockscomb cave looks like a ‘Dragon Place under the sea’ and it is just like a fairy tale. Highlights and must sees include:
- Yuzhu Pond (jade column pond)
- Yicai Palace (multi-coloured palace)
- Diewei Palace (folded limestone palace)
- Shilin Lane (stone forest lane)
- Cangxiu Pavilion (hidden beauty pavilion)
- Dongtian River (the river winding up to the sky)
- Yaochi Palace (Heavenly pool palace)
- Juxian Palace (faerie-gathering palace)
Cockscomb Limestone Cave Travel Tips
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Carry a water bottle.
Entrance Ticket Details For Cockscomb Limestone Cave
- CNY 50 for Cockscomb Limestone Cave.
- CNY 5 for Cockscomb Mountain.
For using a Telpher:
- CNY 5 (up and down the mountain)
- CNY 4 (up the mountain)
- CNY 3 (down the mountain)
How to Reach Cockscomb Limestone Cave
- Hire a taxi
- Ask a local
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Luoyang before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Luoyang and book an accommodation of your choice.
9.62% of people who visit Luoyang include Cockscomb Limestone Cave in their plan
75% of people start their Cockscomb Limestone Cave visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Cockscomb Limestone Cave
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cockscomb Limestone Cave
People normally also visit Flower And Fruit Mountain National Forest Park while planning their trip to Cockscomb Limestone Cave.
People also prefer to start their day with Cockscomb Limestone Cave.