The Luoyang Old town district is the best place to visit for the ancient architecture. The old town district measures a few square miles at the center, but extends out over twenty square miles. The streets here are generally old and narrow, and have lots of shops on either side. The area features a museum of folk art; you’ll also find several traditional craft shops, where the owners of the shops are also the artists. The old town district is known to be an area where the majority of Luoyang’s Muslim community lives. There are some wonderful restaurants and small shops where you can enjoy eating and shopping without digging a hole in your pocket. Highlights and must sees include:
- Lijing Gate - The big city gate that dates back to 600 AD
- Paper-cutting, Calligraphy and Painting
Old Town District Travel Tips
- You should try the famous street food on a visit to the site.
- The flowering season of peonies in Luoyang is between April and May, which makes it the ideal time to visit.
Entrance Ticket Details For Old Town District
- Free entry to the old town district.
- Lijing Gate : CNY 30
Old Town District Hours
- Lijing Gate opening hours : 7:00am – 7:00pm
How to Reach Old Town District
- By Bus : Bus no. 8, 9, 41, 48, 51, 53, 65, 83 and 101
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Luoyang before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Luoyang and book an accommodation of your choice.
51.39% of people who visit Luoyang include Old Town District in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
53.13% of people start their Old Town District visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Old Town District
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Old Town District