How to Reach Luxemburg City
The Easiest Way to Reach Luxemburg City
HOW TO GET TO LUXEMBURG CITY
- By Plane: Luxembourg- Findel International Airport is the main airport of Luxembourg situated 6 km outside the city. The airport is served by many airlines including Luxair, Air France, KLM, Swiss, Lufthansa, SAS, and British Airways that caters to many foreign countries. City Jet is another airline that offers cheaper and reliable options.
- By Train: Luxembourg has direct train routes with many other European cities such as Paris, Metz, Brussels, and Trier. Visitors can go to the website of its national railway company CFL for national and international timetables.
- By Bus: There are some commuter buses that are available from Trier and Bitburg. A direct bus is also available from Saarbrucken to Luxembourg. Though that might be a little expensive.
- By Car: A traveler can access the city by car from Metz (A3), Brussels (A6), and Trier(A1) connected to the ring road around the Luxembourg City.
- By Boat: Boat links are available from the German side of the Moselle river to the Luxembourg side.
HOW TO GET AROUND LUXEMBURG CITY
Since it is a small country, reaching from one place to another does not take much time. Tourists coming for the first time can visit Mobiliteit office in Central Railway Station for queries and help related to the trip.
- By Train: Chemins de Fer Luxembourgeois (CFL) is a government authorized railway system widespread in Luxembourg for commutation. The railway network provides commutation to both the north and southern part of the city. The fares are pretty reasonable making it a good mode of transport for traveling.
- By Bus: Buses are the most preferred means of commutation among tourists. They are comfortable and available for all the major attractions spots in the city. The bus routes are well connected and are convenient even for the out of town tours.
- By Car: The roadways of Luxembourg are very well designed and clean and can be easily mapped by a car. They can be rented and are best options for tourists who don’t want to use public transport.
- By Bike: Bikes and Scooters are also good options for exploring the city.
Modes of Transportation in Luxemburg City
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Luxemburg City. The most preferred mode of transport in Luxemburg City is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 14.28 km Average time: 34.88 min
Bus/Trolleybus 31.58%Bus 25.33 min Walking 9.5 min Waiting 4.5 min Train 2.83 min Other 0.83 min Overall average time for 12.33 kms 43 min
Car 21.05%Driving 23.5 min Walking 0.25 min Overall average time for 20.5 kms 23.75 min
Train/Metro 5.26%Train 45 min Bus 30 min Waiting 15 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 65 kms 95 min
Walking 21.05%Walking 18.75 min Bus 5 min Waiting 2.5 min Driving 1.75 min Overall average time for 3.43 kms 28 min
Bike 10.53%Bike 16.5 min Overall average time for 4 kms 16.5 min