Deir Al-medinaCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: New Valley Governorate, Egypt, Luxor
- Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 25 EGP
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Tomb
Deir Al-medina - Review
Creating so many tombs and temples around the city was not an easy job. Huge groups of artisans worked and gave their best effort to build such awe-inspiring historical sites. However, these artisans required a place to settle down. That is how, the Valley of the Artisans or Deir al-Medina (as known in Arabic) was discovered. When visiting the attraction, there are innumerable features to look forward to.
The Tomb of Inherka that belonged to a 19th dynasty servant who worked in the Place of Truth, the Valley of the Kings. This one room tomb has a splendid wall painting. Next to it is the Tomb of Sennedjem (a 2 small chambered) and the temple of Pashedu are other important features of the valley.
Deir Al-medina Information
- 50% reduction for bearers of International Student ID Card
- The entry fee includes admission to The Roman Temple, Tomb of Sennedjem, Tomb of Inherkau
- Photography is strictly prohibited inside the tomb
Deir Al-medina Ticket Prices
- For Egyptians – 2E£
Admission to the temple of Pashedu –
- Egyptian – 1E£
- Foreigners – 10E£
Deir Al-medina Hours
- 1st May to Ramadan – 6am – 7pm
- Ramadan to 30th April – 6am – 5pm
- Last ticket is sold at 6pm from 1st May to Ramadan
- Last ticket is sold at 4pm from Ramadan to 30th April
How To reach Deir Al-medina by Public Transport
- From Luxor-east, local ferry boat (near the entrance of Luxor Temple) runs from the Corniche is available. However, you need to take a taxi once you reach the west bank.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Luxor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Luxor and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Deir Al-medina
34.12% of people who visit Luxor include Deir Al-medina in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
60% of people start their Deir Al-medina visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Deir Al-medina
93.73% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Deir Al-medina
Deir Al-medina, Luxor Reviews
Dear El Medina , Temple Deir el Medina and Tomb of sennutem all are one site to visit, careful with the blood sucking blackish @ the entrance trying to get your cameras & Guardian trying to show you places for money.
The village of the tomb workers us clearly laid out and gives a good idea of how these artists and artisans lived. Just beside, on the hill above the village are exquisitely painted tombs.
Don't miss this on your tour of Valley of the Kings. It's the village where the people who built the pharaohs' tombs lived. There are also incredible tombs for the workers and their families, and you don't have to fight the crowds like at Valley of the Kings. A must-see.
Magical and very emotional place. Here you can feel the real heart beat of old Egypt
Unique place with workers houses,tombs and the Ptolemic temple of Hathor