Deir Al-medina645 Votes Currently Open
- Address: New Valley Governorate, Egypt, Luxor
- Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 25 EGP
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Tomb
Creating so many tombs and temples around the city was not an easy job. Huge groups of artisans worked and gave their best effort to build such awe-inspiring historical sites. However, these artisans required a place to settle down. That is how, the Valley of the Artisans or Deir al-Medina (as known in Arabic) was discovered. When visiting the attraction, there are innumerable features to look forward to.
The Tomb of Inherka that belonged to a 19th dynasty servant who worked in the Place of Truth, the Valley of the Kings. This one room tomb has a splendid wall painting. Next to it is the Tomb of Sennedjem (a 2 small chambered) and the temple of Pashedu are other important features of the valley.
Deir Al-medina Travel Tips
- 50% reduction for bearers of International Student ID Card
- The entry fee includes admission to The Roman Temple, Tomb of Sennedjem, Tomb of Inherkau
- Photography is strictly prohibited inside the tomb
Entrance Ticket Details For Deir Al-medina
- For Egyptians – 2E£
Admission to the temple of Pashedu –
- Egyptian – 1E£
- Foreigners – 10E£
Deir Al-medina Hours
- 1st May to Ramadan – 6am – 7pm
- Ramadan to 30th April – 6am – 5pm
- Last ticket is sold at 6pm from 1st May to Ramadan
- Last ticket is sold at 4pm from Ramadan to 30th April
How to Reach Deir Al-medina
- From Luxor-east, local ferry boat (near the entrance of Luxor Temple) runs from the Corniche is available. However, you need to take a taxi once you reach the west bank.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Luxor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Luxor and book an accommodation of your choice.
28.23% of people who visit Luxor include Deir Al-medina in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
60% of people start their Deir Al-medina visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Deir Al-medina
93.73% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Deir Al-medina