Karnak Temple1950 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Karnak Temple , Luxor, Egypt
- Timings: 06:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: 20-222617304
- Ticket Price: 10 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Situated along the banks of the Nile River, the Karnak Temple is everything you can imagine. Dedicated to the Egyptian Gods Amun, Mut and Khonsu, the Temple is spread over some 200 acres and has designated sacred areas for each of the three Gods. The huge premises actually plays host to a large collection of small temples and statues rife with symbolism and illusions-legend has it that every ruler of Egypt contributed to the Temple we know it today by building a temple, statue, etc. Right from the statues that greet you at the entrance to the grand 134 columns hypostyle hall, the Karnak Temple will one of the many jaw dropping things you’ll see in Egypt.
Karnak Temple Travel Tips
- be decently dressed when you visit temples
- cover your head with scarf
- avoid carring any alcoholic drink with yourself
How to Reach Karnak Temple
hire a cab or ask any local to know about public transport
- Corniche Restaurant (French cuisine)
- JJ's Bar and Restaurant (English, Asian, Egyptian cuisine)
- 7 Days 7 Ways Restaurant & Royal Oak Pub (Family restaurant)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Luxor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Luxor and book an accommodation of your choice.
85.34% of people who visit Luxor include Karnak Temple in their plan
05 AM - 06 AM
69.79% of people start their Karnak Temple visit around 05 AM - 06 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Karnak Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Karnak Temple