Luxor Museum, Luxor
About Luxor Museum, Luxor
Luxor Museum, Luxor - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Corniche el Nil. East Bank, Luxor, Egypt
Ticket Price: 13 USD
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
Added 6.3K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Tomb
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
When you visit the Luxor Museum, don’t be disappointed by its size; it’s a lot smaller than the museum you’ll see in Cairo, but just as spectacular mind you! Catch the Wall of Akhenaten, which is made up of small blocks similar to those used in the Karnak Temple. It’s displayed as a tableau which is made from recycled rubble. The highlights of the museum can’t be ranked in order of preference or popularity but among the must see exhibits is the statue of Amenhotep III and the retrieved pieces from Tutankhamun’s tomb.
Luxor Museum Information
- Last entry ticket is sold 30 minutes before the closing time
- student concession is available by providing valid ID proof
- Visitor's center, cafeteria, bookshps and library are available
- Audio or personal guide is not provided
- you can buy a catalogue having details of all the collection of the museum is available in the bookstore
- The museum is wheel-chair accessible
- Photography is strictly prohibited
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Luxor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Luxor and book an accommodation of your choice.
Luxor Museum, Luxor Reviews - Write a Review
I didn't know what to expect, it is well laid out and has some amazing antiquities. The film they show is definitely worth watching.
This is a very good museum and is a refreshing place in those extremely hot days. Has some pieces from Tutankamon tomb and excellent conserved of Akenaton's sculpture as well as. They have a couple of mummies in perfect conservation state.
Great artifacts - well displayed. Not overwhelming and cluttered like the Cairo Egyptian Museum. Also good wheelchair access and availability
A tiny amount of pieces if compared to Cairo museum, but a beautiful presentation with explanations in English for all pieces. A true accomplishment in work selection, explanation and presentation, this museum is great.
Small but well organized. Has some artifacts from the Tutenkhamon tomb, a few mummies, etc. and more. Way better organized than the Egyptian museum in Cairo.
- Nearby Attractions
- Abu Sinbil
- Sheraton Luxor Resort
- Al Wahat Ad Dakhilah
- Memnon Hotel Luxor
- Boomerang Hotel
- Ethnographic Museum
- St Joseph Hotel
- Temple Abydos
- Luxor Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Luxor
- What to See in 48 Hours in Luxor
- What to See in 72 Hours in Luxor
- How to Spend 5 Days in Luxor
- How to Spend 6 Days in Luxor
- How to Spend 7 Days in Luxor