Luxor MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Corniche el Nil. East Bank, Luxor, Egypt
- Timings: 09:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: 20-952380269
- Ticket Price: 13 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Tomb
Luxor Museum - Review
When you visit the Luxor Museum, don’t be disappointed by its size; it’s a lot smaller than the museum you’ll see in Cairo, but just as spectacular mind you! Catch the Wall of Akhenaten, which is made up of small blocks similar to those used in the Karnak Temple. It’s displayed as a tableau which is made from recycled rubble. The highlights of the museum can’t be ranked in order of preference or popularity but among the must see exhibits is the statue of Amenhotep III and the retrieved pieces from Tutankhamun’s tomb.
Luxor Museum Information
- Last entry ticket is sold 30 minutes before the closing time
- student concession is available by providing valid ID proof
- Visitor's center, cafeteria, bookshps and library are available
- Audio or personal guide is not provided
- you can buy a catalogue having details of all the collection of the museum is available in the bookstore
- The museum is wheel-chair accessible
- Photography is strictly prohibited
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Luxor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Luxor and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Luxor Museum
82.34% of people who visit Luxor include Luxor Museum in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
78.87% of people start their Luxor Museum visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Luxor Museum
93.44% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Luxor Museum
Luxor Museum Trips
1 View10 Days 9 Nights10 Day Trip to Cairo, Luxor, Alexandria from JohannesburgBy: Guest UserCity: Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor
Luxor Museum, Luxor Reviews
Hidden charm. Very well curated (better than main Egypt museum in Cairo in terms of space and arrangement). Worth a visit.
Much better laid out than the National Museum. Beautiful and gives good context for the pieces.
Absolutely Incredible. Highly recommend. Smaller museum, but everything is beautifully maintained with rich color. Be sure to go with a guide.
The best Museum in the Whole world coz of its magnificant architecture.
A real gem. A must visit place highly recommended Possibly more informative than the Cairo museum. Items extremely well presented