When you visit the Luxor Museum, don’t be disappointed by its size; it’s a lot smaller than the museum you’ll see in Cairo, but just as spectacular mind you! Catch the Wall of Akhenaten, which is made up of small blocks similar to those used in the Karnak Temple. It’s displayed as a tableau which is made from recycled rubble. The highlights of the museum can’t be ranked in order of preference or popularity but among the must see exhibits is the statue of Amenhotep III and the retrieved pieces from Tutankhamun’s tomb.
Luxor Museum Travel Tips
- Last entry ticket is sold 30 minutes before the closing time
- student concession is available by providing valid ID proof
- Visitor's center, cafeteria, bookshps and library are available
- Audio or personal guide is not provided
- you can buy a catalogue having details of all the collection of the museum is available in the bookstore
- The museum is wheel-chair accessible
- Photography is strictly prohibited
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Luxor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Luxor and book an accommodation of your choice.
67.7% of people who visit Luxor include Luxor Museum in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
78.87% of people start their Luxor Museum visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Luxor Museum
93.44% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Luxor Museum