Luxor Temple1412 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kornish Al Nile, Luxor City, Luxor, Egypt
- Timings: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: 20-952372408
- Ticket Price: 8 USD
- Tags: Religious Site, Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Monument, Statue, Family And Kids
Yet another temple dedicated to the Gods Amun, Mut and Khonsu, the Luxor Temple was especially built to celebrate the Opet Festival, which is where all three Gods come together in a reunion. Two pharaohs of the land are said to have contributed the most to the temple’s architecture are Amenhotep III and Ramses II; the collection of the latter’s statues stands testimony to his contribution. In the olden times, there used to a 3km line of Sphinxes that used to run from the Luxor Temple, all the way to the Karnak Temple. If you get a chance, catch the sound and light show held at the Temple after hours!
Luxor Temple Travel Tips
- avoid bringing your tripod as you might be asked to pay extra fee for it
- it is best to visit the temple at night
- wear light clothes if you are visiting the place during daytime
- Nefertari Restaurant & Bar
- El Kababgy (Family restaurant)
- Metropolitan Café
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Luxor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Luxor and book an accommodation of your choice.
61.79% of people who visit Luxor include Luxor Temple in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
56.57% of people start their Luxor Temple visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Luxor Temple
91.51% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Luxor Temple