Luxor TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: Kornish Al Nile, Luxor City, Luxor, Egypt
- Timings: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: 20-952372408
- Ticket Price: 8 USD
- Tags: Religious Site, Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Monument, Statue, Family And Kids
About Luxor Temple, Luxor
Yet another temple dedicated to the Gods Amun, Mut and Khonsu, the Luxor Temple was especially built to celebrate the Opet Festival, which is where all three Gods come together in a reunion. Two pharaohs of the land are said to have contributed the most to the temple’s architecture are Amenhotep III and Ramses II; the collection of the latter’s statues stands testimony to his contribution. In the olden times, there used to a 3km line of Sphinxes that used to run from the Luxor Temple, all the way to the Karnak Temple. If you get a chance, catch the sound and light show held at the Temple after hours!
Luxor Temple Information
- avoid bringing your tripod as you might be asked to pay extra fee for it
- it is best to visit the temple at night
- wear light clothes if you are visiting the place during daytime
Restaurants Near Luxor Temple
- Nefertari Restaurant & Bar
- El Kababgy (Family restaurant)
- Metropolitan Café
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Luxor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Luxor and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Luxor Temple
95% of people who visit Luxor include Luxor Temple in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
42.42% of people start their Luxor Temple visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Luxor Temple
91.99% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Luxor Temple
Luxor Temple Cruises
Luxor Temple Culture & Theme Based Tours
Luxor Temple Sightseeing Tours
Luxor Temple Tickets & Passes
Luxor Temple Map
Luxor Temple Trips
2 Views11 Days 10 Nights11 Day Trip to Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Alexandria froBy: Guest UserCity: Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Alexandria
Luxor Temple, Luxor Reviews
Luxor Temple Tour Reviews
Interested in ancient Egypt history, especially the New Kingdom era? This is a must visit. You have to go inside. Don't be tempted by the view of the temple from the Nile bank. Going inside is much more fun. Please go with a guide, not a book.
Although Karnak takes all the attention in Luxor, I was much more impressed with Luxor Temple. These ruins are huge and gorgeous. The fact we can be there at sunset and enjoy the evening was a huge plus. I heard there's Light&Sound in Karnak at night, but there was a festival going there so perhaps my view would be different had I been. Luxor Temple is beautifully lit at night, highly recommended!
Nice place to visit when in Luxor. Lighting at night make the place look great. Entry fee required to enter the temple premises. It can very well seen from outside too.
This one of the most beautiful temples in Egypt! Visit post sunset, stay from the dusk till night casts in. The structures and the ruins are amazing in the light. Don’t miss the open air museum, it really helps understand the dynasties arranged chronologically.
An important site in ancient times, easy to visit and lots of interest. Take your own drinks. Ongoing work means that there is always something to see.
All QuestionsLuxor temple
- Pegoraro Sport SRL
- Patronato San Rocco Di Dolo
- Magazine Club
- Isola Bassa Galleria D Arte SRL
- Circolo Fotografico L'Obiettivo Dolo
- Museo Villa Badoer Fattoretto
- Castelli Eugenio
- Agriturismo La Rocchetta
- Cine Teatro L'Isola
- Associazione Dei Testimoni Di Geova Di Villongo
- Biblioteca Comunale Grazia Deledda
- Abitazione Sacerdoti Parrocchia Di Villongo
- Parrocchia S. Alessandro Centro Ascolto Caritas
- Parrocchia S. Alessandro M.