Ramesseum Or Mortuary Temple Of Ramses I ICurrently Closed
- Address: West Bank, Luxor, Egypt
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 25 EGP
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
About Ramesseum Or Mortuary Temple Of Ramses I I, Luxor
One of the largest and best preserved temples of Luxor, this million year old mansion is located in the Theban necropolis in Upper Egypt, across the River Nile. History says the temple belonged to the great warrior king Ramesses II. A tour into the temple will let you get a glimpse of the fallen colossus that inspired Bysshe Shelleys to write the poem, Ozymandias. The first and second pylon depicts battle scenes from the Battle of Qadesh. Behind the pylon, the ruins of the huge court remain. The complex also includes the palace of the king, store rooms and granaries, built by mud brick.
Ramesseum Or Mortuary Temple Of Ramses I I Information
- The temple is open everyday.
- 50% reduction is given to the bearer of International Student ID Card.
- There is rest house near the temple where you can stay.
Ramesseum Or Mortuary Temple Of Ramses I I Ticket Prices
- For Egyptian – 2 E£
How To reach Ramesseum Or Mortuary Temple Of Ramses I I by Public Transport
- From Luxor-east, local ferry boat (near the entrance of Luxor Temple) runs from the Corniche is available. However, you need to take a taxi once you reach the west bank.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Luxor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Luxor and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Ramesseum Or Mortuary Temple Of Ramses I I
61.91% of people who visit Luxor include Ramesseum Or Mortuary Temple Of Ramses I I in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
42.02% of people start their Ramesseum Or Mortuary Temple Of Ramses I I visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Ramesseum Or Mortuary Temple Of Ramses I I
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ramesseum Or Mortuary Temple Of Ramses I I
Ramesseum Or Mortuary Temple Of Ramses I I Map
Ramesseum Or Mortuary Temple Of Ramses I I Trips
2 Views11 Days 10 Nights11 Day Trip to Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Alexandria froBy: Guest UserCity: Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Alexandria
Ramesseum Or Mortuary Temple Of Ramses I I, Luxor Reviews
For great stature of a pharaoh like Ramesses II the Great, his mortuary temple seemed rather deserted and devoid of tourists, touts and 'bazaar'. We were the only tourists strolling the temple compound in a sunny, winter afternoon.
Home of the largest statue of ancient Egypt, the one that inspired the poem "Ozymandias", this beautiful temple is awe inspiring and surely worth visiting.
Nice place to visit,to learn more about the great pharaoh Ramses the second.
Good place to visit, they are working in restauration, not expensive at all, nobody was hassle with us and in Egypt that is a breaking new
Go and see. Worth it.
All QuestionsRamesseum or mortuary temple of ramses i i
- Murrayville United Methodist Church
- Double L Quarter Horses
- Murrayville Baptist Church
- Murrayville United Methodist Parsonage
- Sandy Creek Baptist Assoc
- Murrayville House Of Prayer
- Little Egypt Woodmen Camp
- Faith Church Of God
- St Paul's Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
- Calvary Southern Baptist Church
- West Frankfort Bowl
- Depot Veterans Memorial & Coal Miner's Memorial
- Third Baptist Church
- Harmony Freewill Baptist Church
- Strawberry Meadows