Temple Of MerenptahCurrently Open
- Address: West Bank of Luxor, Luxor, Egypt
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: 15 EGP
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Family And Kids
This temple falls on the way to the Valley of the Kings, behind Amenhotep’s temple. The king was the successor of Ramses II in 1213 and ruled for 10 years. However, in the 19th century, Egyptian museum of Cairo founded ‘Israel Stele’ from this site. According to the history, Israel is the place where Merenptah was defeated.
- Try to visit the place in the morning to avoid the scorching heat of the sun.
- Students – 10E£
- It falls on the way to the Valley of Kings.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Luxor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Luxor and book an accommodation of your choice.
26.67% of people who visit Luxor include Temple Of Merenptah in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
51.43% of people start their Temple Of Merenptah visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Temple Of Merenptah
93.55% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Temple Of Merenptah