Valley Of The Kings601 Votes Currently Open
- Address: West Bank of the Nile River, Luxor, Egypt
- Timings: 06:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 13 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Tomb
Anywhere you look in Egyptology, you’ll come across the concept of afterlife- the journey of the soul from one world to another! That’s one of the reasons they’re mummification process was so exact and precise. The Valley of the Kings is essentially a burial ground. All the kings and pharaohs of Egypt of the New Kingdom period were buried there with all the possessions they could possibly need in their journey to the afterlife. With over 63 tombs, each tomb is different from the others; the murals lining the walls, the embellishments on the actual coffin/casket couldn’t be any more different.
Valley Of The Kings Travel Tips
- The entrance ticket you buy covers only three tombs, so choose wisely.
- If you want to see Tutankhamun’s Tomb, you’ll have to pay for that separately.
- The desert sun can be brutal even during the winter. Carry a hat and a bottle of water with you.
- La Fleur (French cuisine)
- Zigolini Restaurant (Italian cuisine)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Luxor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Luxor and book an accommodation of your choice.
26.3% of people who visit Luxor include Valley Of The Kings in their plan
59.02% of people start their Valley Of The Kings visit around 06 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Valley Of The Kings
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Valley Of The Kings