Are you looking for what to do in Lyon?
PLACES TO SEE
- Basilique Notre Dame de Fourviere: You should make time to visit Basilique Notre Dame de Fourviere. The views from the top of Fourviere Hill, where the basilica is perched, and the structure itself are worth checking out. You can reach the hilltop by car or by foot.
- Traboules in Vieux Lyon: You can also visit the streets and Traboules in Vieux Lyon, the city’s historic section that is packed with “old French” buildings. You can find fascinating walkways in the Traboules in the Croix-Rousse district.
- Musee Gadagne: If you are in the mood to visit a museum, check out Musee Gadagne. Found in the center of theVieux Lyonin the Saint-Jean quarter, the museum holds 80,000 sculptures and pottery and paintings, tracing the rich history of Lyon. You can also see illustrations and maps showing the development of the city.
- Musee des Beaux Arts: Another great museum in Lyon is the fine arts museum called Musée des Beaux Arts, which houses France's finest collections of paintings, sculptures, and decorative pieces ranging from the 1500s to the modern days.
- Parc de la Tete d'Or: After the museum, you can visit the Parc de la Tete d'Or, which is a big park with a beautiful rose garden, lake, zoo, and other attractions to keep you busy for the day. During the summer months, you can enjoy a boat ride on the large lake. The small zoo, located at the top end of the park, features elephants, tigers, and giraffes.
Below we have a list of things to do in Lyon and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Lyon getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Lyon with confidence.