Senado SquareCurrently Open
- Address: Central District of Macau Peninsula, Macau, China, Macao
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Square, Family And Kids
Largo do Senado or Senate Square in Macau is one of the most iconic places in it. The central square which is an amazing amalgamation of Macau’s Chinese and Portuguese influences is a definite must visit on your trip to Macau.
Just taking a walk down the square is sure to give you a lot to see of Macau’s culture. It is also a very vibrant shopping area with small shops lining the streets leading up to it. You can shop or eat at one of the local restaurants and enjoy a taste of Macau. The elaborate and rustic looking Senate building as well as the Post office are a real delight to see.
The square looks especially exceptional at night and a evening stroll down the lit up square is certainly recommended for a great holiday in Macau. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Macau Itinerary 3 Days.
Senado Square Travel Tips
- In the early 1990s, the power procured some Portuguese masters to clear the square with a wave-designed mosaic of shaded stones.
- The structures around the Senado Square have a long history and have numerous western characteristics.
How to Reach Senado Square
- Take the No. 3, 3A, 4, 8A, 10, 10A, 11, 18, 19, 21A, 26A, 33 buses to the Av. De Almeida Ribeiro (San Ma Lo)
- Vela Latina
- Long Kei
- Cheong Seng Choi Kung
- Starbucks Coffee
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Macau before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Macau and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Macau include Senado Square in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
58.14% of people start their Senado Square visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Senado Square
73.15% of people prefer walking in order to reach Senado Square