Are you looking for what to do in Maceio?
THINGS TO SEE
There are so many beaches to see in Maceio. From the Northern coast to the southern, you will have no issue finding a great place to spend time. The beaches can be divided in three categories:
- Urban beaches
- Cruz das Almas
- Ponta Verde
- Pontal da Barra
- Pajucara: A beautiful urban beach flocking with tourists at all times and is highlight of the urban area.
Other beaches are on southern Coast and Northern Coast and are pretty lovely as well as lively.
- Praio De Gunga: It is the most beautiful and picturesque beach in Maceio. It’s known for its clean surroundings and well as beautiful scenery.
- Marape Dunes: Lovely location and view as this is the place where beach meets the river.
- Frances Beach: This is your perfect place to spend a quiet day relaxing and getting a sun tan in the process.
THINGS TO DO
- Surfing and bodyboarding are popular activities to try out in Maceio.
- The best place to have a fun surfing experience in the Frances beach.
- The reefs are pretty safe too.
- Do not miss to catch the sunset from Avenida da Paz.
- The main tourist attractions in Maceio are the natural pools in the nea- by located Pajucara. For 20 Brazilian Reals, you can rent a jangada which is traditionally a wooden sail boat to take you roughly a kilometer away to the natural shallow area.
- You can also snorkel and eat at the local restaurants.
- Explore Barra de Santo Antonio, Tabuba Beach, Gunga, Barra de Sao Miguel, Carro Quebrado Beach and Croa Island.
- You can shop at the main arts and crafts center.
Below we have a list of things to do in Maceio and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Maceio getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Maceio with confidence.