Ocmulgee National Monument111 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Macon, GA 31217, USA, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4787528257
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Monument, Family And Kids
The Ocmulgee National Monument is an astounding, ancient site with settlements that date back to thousands of years. The park which is spread over 700 acres houses a number of prehistoric structures like a Great Temple, mounds for burials and ceremonies, defensive buildings and smaller signs of planned architecture. All of these structures exhibit exceptional engineering skills, detailed information of materials and working by a mobilized force. A visit to Macon certainly requires you to pay a visit to this stunning site.
Ocmulgee National Monument Travel Tips
- Bicycle allowed only on park road and Heritage trail.
- Picnicking allowed only in designated areas.
- Kite flying not allowed in park.
- Climbing on mound is prohibited.
- Entry is free.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ocmulgee National Monument
During Ocmulgee Indian Celebration:
- Adults(13+): 6 USD
- Children(6-12): 3 USD
- Children(under 5): Free
- Spring Lantern light tours(March): 5 USD
Ocmulgee National Monument Hours
- Park and Visitor center open everyday from 9:00am - 5:00pm.
How to Reach Ocmulgee National Monument
- Rent or hire a car/taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Macon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Macon and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Macon include Ocmulgee National Monument in their plan
88% of people start their Ocmulgee National Monument visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ocmulgee National Monument
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ocmulgee National Monument