Nalanda Gedige1 Vote Currently Open
- Address: Gedige Rd, Matale, Sri Lanka Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Tags: Temple, Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids
The Nalanda Gedige is yet another historical landmark located an hour’s drive from Matale. This ancient stone temple was constructed between 8th and 10th centuries by making use of the Pallava style of Dravidian architecture. The temple, which was used by the Buddhists, also shows influences of a Hindu temple style as well. It has a mandapa, an entrance hall, a short passage leading to a bare cello, and a round holy centre. A few Hindu deity statuettes exist inside the temple, like that of God Kubera.
- Nalanda Gedige Address: Gedige Rd, Matale, Sri Lanka
- Nalanda Gedige Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Nalanda Gedige(preferred time): 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!