Visit Madikeri - Best of Madikeri
Call it the nerve center of Coorg. This market town is more than just a starting point for treks and excursions. Madikeri has seen much royal action along the decades and has changed many hands as the tides of history changed. The town is spread out along a series of ridges and offers many exciting opportunities for sightseeing and adventure.
Madikeri is also called Mercara and was previously called Muddurajakeri after its erstwhile King Mudduraja. From the Kadambas to Gangas and Cholas to Haleri dynasty, many kingdoms have ruled this area until it finally fell into the hands of the British rule.
Madikeri is a buzz with tourist activity for the better part of the year as city dwellers flock this coffee plantation town for its fresh, dewy air and lush greenery. The ideal beginning for your tour of Coorg, Madikeri market is full of knick knacks and local specialties.
Don’t forget to check out the glorious sightseeing that this town offers; the silver cascade of Abbey falls, the unforgettable views from Raja’s Seat and the exhilarating trek to Kotebetta. If you give it a chance, Madikeri is all set to surprise you with its gorgeous yet understated beauty.
Madikeri Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Madikeri tips for your visit
- Carry rain proof gear with you on your trip to Madikeri.
- Wear comfortable shoes if you plan on exploring the town by walking. Also carry a torch to guide you in the dark.
- Mosquitoes thrive in the damp areas of the town so carry repellents with you.
- Don’t forget to buy some traditional filter coffee here. It is the best souvenir you could take back home.
- Be wary of taxi drivers who might quote you double the applicable rates for a destination.
Travel to Madikeri- Know before you go to Madikeri
Attractions in Madikeri
Madikeri Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of