Brahmagiri HillCurrently Open
- Address: Brahmagiri Hills, Karnataka, India, Madikeri
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cave, Forest, Mountain, Hiking Trail, Tourist Center, Hill, Picnic Spot, Nature
Situated in the Western Ghats, Brahmagiri is a mountain range in south India. Situated across 2 states - Kodagu district (Karnataka) and Wayanad district (Kerala), the hills are a must visit for trekkers, hikers and nature lovers. Within the laps of the Brahmagiri Hill, you will find
- Shola Forest
- Munikal Caves
- Thirunnelai Temple
- Iruppu Falls
- Brahmagiri Sanctuary
- Tala Cauveri
- December to February is the best time to visit the hill.
- Permission from the Thirunelli Forest Range Officer and Srimangala Forest Range Officer has to be taken for trekking.
- Guided treks will cost you approximately INR 200 onwards.
- Bus stop at Srimangala. From here, either hire a taxi till the base of the hill or start trekking from the town itself (approx. 8 kilometres till the hill’s base).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madikeri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madikeri and book an accommodation of your choice.
9.82% of people who visit Madikeri include Brahmagiri Hill in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
58.82% of people start their Brahmagiri Hill visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Brahmagiri Hill
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Brahmagiri Hill
People normally also visit Bellary Thermal Power Station while planning their trip to Brahmagiri Hill.