Events and Festivals in Madikeri
- Kailpodhu: Kailpodh signifies the completion of sowing and end of agriculture work of the season. Traditionally, men revere weapons and the festival is celebrated with much pomp and glory. It is celebrated in September
- Kaveri Sankramana: Celebrated in October, this is one of the most important festivals of the Kodavas. It is marked by a number of unique rituals and locals can be seen in their best clothes in the city.
- Puttari: Celebrated in November , this is a harvest festival. The festival falls on a full moon day as the ladies of the house lead a ceremonial procession to the paddy fields.
- Dasara: An important festival not just in Coorg but all over India, Dasara celebrates the victory of good over evil. Effigies of Raavan are lit up and people are seen on the streets celebrating fervently.
Trip plans for Madikeri
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Madikeri
Events & Festivals in Cities Near Madikeri
- Events & Festivals in Suntikoppa
- Events & Festivals in Galibeedu
- Events & Festivals in Kushalnagar
- Events & Festivals in Virajpet
- Events & Festivals in Tala Kaveri
- Events & Festivals in Bylakuppe