- Address: Kotebetta hills, Coorg, Madikeri, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Tags: View Point, Peak, Hill, Nature
Probably one of the most exhilarating treks in Karnataka, Kotebetta is located at about 5500 feet above sea level and offers unforgettable panoramas once you reach the top of the hill. After Tadiyandamol and Brahmagiri, this is the highest peak in Coorg. Pass through dense forests and discover sweet birdsong and exotic flora on the way. There is a Shiva temple en route the top, where you can stop and take a breather. Pitch a tent below a blanket of stars and feel mesmerized like never before.
Kotebetta Travel Tips
- Carry camping gear and enough refreshments and water.
- Check weather before you commence trek.
- Take a guide along if you are an amateur trekker.
How to Reach Kotebetta
- Take a bus or taxi till Hattihole from Madikeri and then commence the trek.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Madikeri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madikeri and book an accommodation of your choice.
20.31% of people who visit Madikeri include Kotebetta in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
52.38% of people start their Kotebetta visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Kotebetta
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kotebetta