Are you looking for what to do in Madikeri?
PLACES TO SEE
- Madikeri Fort: The fort affords fantastic views of the surroundings and still retains many original parts along with the parts that the British renovated. It is now the venue of the commissioner’s office.
- Raja’s Tombs: This quiet Indo-Sarcenic sight is the resting place for royalty. The tombs of Kodava kings and their family are located here, along with those of Tipu Sultan’s royal officers who died fighting for him. This place offers some unforgettable views and that is the primary reason why visitors flock here often.
- Raja’s Seat: Surrounded by musical fountains and beautiful flowers, Raja’s seat is probably the prettiest man made landscape in the town. The garden is a glorious sight when the flowers are in season and in full bloom.
- Trek to Kotebetta: Probably one of the most exhilarating treks in Karnataka, Kotebetta is located at about 5500 feet above sea level and offers unforgettable panoramas once you reach the top of the hill. After Tadiyandamol and Brahmagiri, this is the highest peak in Coorg.
- Coffee Plantation visit: There are a number of blooming coffee plantations all around Madikeri. A visit to Coorg will be incomplete without a visit to these lush plantations that are ubiquitous in this region. Tag along with brew master who will able to explain the types of coffee grown here and the method of growing it. The exotic birds and the dewy fresh air are just a huge bonus!
Below we have a list of things to do in Madikeri and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Madikeri getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Madikeri with confidence.