Credited for being America’s most walkable city along with best road-biking city among a few more accolades like most vegetarian-friendly and gay-friendly city, not to mention even an environmentally friendly city, Madison is Wisconsin’s major draw when it comes to tourism. A beautiful geographical location amidst some 15000-odd tiny lakes; 4 major, bestow this city with a superior climate of humid continental. Given this fact, there is a huge window of time, from April to November that is considered to be the best time to visit Madison. There is so much one can do in this city, with the main highlight being a great night life and terrific restaurants. All you’ve got to hit the streets that are a blend of boho and urbane, often thriving with live performances. Post this jazz, if you carve some tranquility there is just enough outdoor in the nature’s lap where you can escape into nirvana!
Essential travel information and Madison tips for your visit
- Time Zone- Central Time Zone; UTC-06:00
- Currency- US Dollar
- Electricity and Internet- The voltage is 120 V/ 60 Hz. Internet in the form of wi-fi is available at most of the hotels, restaurants and places of interest.
- Languages- English is the official language Madison. Spanish is spoken too.
- Security- Dial 911 for police, ambulance, or fire
- Tipping- Although not customary, tipping is appreciated as a form of gratuity.
- The Allied Drive neighbourhood, at the southern end of Madison needs a little more caution while exploring
Madison Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Madison. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Madison trip planner.
I heard Madison had flower beds planted in quilt design. We hope to visit tomorrow and want to have an idea of what there is do and visit. Thank youAnswer Report Abuse
You can visit Olbrich Botanical Gardens, Henry Vilas Zoo, Madison Children's Museum, and National Mustard Museum. You can take a tour of Wisconsin State Capitol, and enjoy boating on Lake Mendota as well as on Lake Monona. If you are looking for entertainment options, consider visiting Ho-Chunk Gaming Madison.Report Abuse