Almudena Cathedral And CryptCurrently Open
- Address: Calle Mayor, 90, 28013 Madrid, Spain (Centro)
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-915422200
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Cathedral
Royals get married in this stunning 19th century neo-gothic church. Despite being much more modern than most of Spain’s churches, it is very beautiful, thanks to its magnificent stained glass windows. King Alfonso XII and his wife Maria Mercedes de Orleans Borbon are buried below the Virgin’s statue here. There is a crypt below which you must not miss: the chapels inside are owned by wealthy Spanish families, and a mural painting of Nuestra Señora de la Flor de Lys, a beautiful artwork, is here.
Almudena Cathedral And Crypt Travel Tips
- The Almudena Cathedral was built in honour of the Virgin of Almudena, and was destined to be made the biggest cathedral church in the world. The gallery of the Cathedral features the Statue of Madonna and the Child.
- The cathedral is closed when mass is in progress.
Entrance Ticket Details For Almudena Cathedral And Crypt
- Entry to the cathedral is free.
- Donation of 1 EURO is accepted.
- Entry to the museum + dome: 6 EURO
- The crypt: Free entry. But 1 EURO donation is accepted.
Almudena Cathedral And Crypt Hours
Cathedral Opening Hours:
- 9:00am to 8:30pm
- In July and August: 10:00am to 9:00pm
The Museum and The Dome:
- Monday to Saturday: 10:00am to 2:30pm
- 10:00am to 2:00pm & 5:00pm to 8:00pm
- In July and August: 9:30am to 8:00pm
How to Reach Almudena Cathedral And Crypt
- Metro Opera Station Lines 5 and 2
- El Anciano Rey de los Vinos
- Horno La Santiaguesa
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
15.09% of people who visit Madrid include Almudena Cathedral And Crypt in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
47.27% of people start their Almudena Cathedral And Crypt visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Almudena Cathedral And Crypt
80.77% of people prefer walking in order to reach Almudena Cathedral And Crypt