Almudena Cathedral And CryptCurrently Closed
- Address: Calle Mayor, 90, 28013 Madrid, Spain (Centro)
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Phone: +34-915422200
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Almudena Cathedral And Crypt - Review
Royals get married in this stunning 19th century neo-gothic church. Despite being much more modern than most of Spain’s churches, it is very beautiful, thanks to its magnificent stained glass windows. King Alfonso XII and his wife Maria Mercedes de Orleans Borbon are buried below the Virgin’s statue here. There is a crypt below which you must not miss: the chapels inside are owned by wealthy Spanish families, and a mural painting of Nuestra Señora de la Flor de Lys, a beautiful artwork, is here.
Almudena Cathedral And Crypt Information
- The Almudena Cathedral was built in honour of the Virgin of Almudena, and was destined to be made the biggest cathedral church in the world. The gallery of the Cathedral features the Statue of Madonna and the Child.
- The cathedral is closed when mass is in progress.
Almudena Cathedral And Crypt Ticket Prices
- Entry to the cathedral is free.
- Donation of 1 EURO is accepted.
- Entry to the museum + dome: 6 EURO
- The crypt: Free entry. But 1 EURO donation is accepted.
Almudena Cathedral And Crypt Hours
Cathedral Opening Hours:
- 9:00am to 8:30pm
- In July and August: 10:00am to 9:00pm
The Museum and The Dome:
- Monday to Saturday: 10:00am to 2:30pm
- 10:00am to 2:00pm & 5:00pm to 8:00pm
- In July and August: 9:30am to 8:00pm
How To reach Almudena Cathedral And Crypt by Public Transport
- Metro Opera Station Lines 5 and 2
Restaurants Near Almudena Cathedral And Crypt
- El Anciano Rey de los Vinos
- Horno La Santiaguesa
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Almudena Cathedral And Crypt
21.59% of people who visit Madrid include Almudena Cathedral And Crypt in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
47.27% of people start their Almudena Cathedral And Crypt visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Almudena Cathedral And Crypt
80.77% of people prefer walking in order to reach Almudena Cathedral And Crypt