Almudena Cathedral And Crypt, Madrid
About Almudena Cathedral And Crypt, Madrid
Almudena Cathedral And Crypt, Madrid - Address, Phone Number
Address: Calle Mayor, 90, 28013 Madrid, Spain (Centro)
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 08:30 pm Details
Added 24K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Royals get married in this stunning 19th century neo-gothic church. Despite being much more modern than most of Spain’s churches, it is very beautiful, thanks to its magnificent stained glass windows. King Alfonso XII and his wife Maria Mercedes de Orleans Borbon are buried below the Virgin’s statue here. There is a crypt below which you must not miss: the chapels inside are owned by wealthy Spanish families, and a mural painting of Nuestra Señora de la Flor de Lys, a beautiful artwork, is here.
Almudena Cathedral And Crypt Information
- The Almudena Cathedral was built in honour of the Virgin of Almudena, and was destined to be made the biggest cathedral church in the world. The gallery of the Cathedral features the Statue of Madonna and the Child.
- The cathedral is closed when mass is in progress.
Almudena Cathedral And Crypt Ticket Prices
- Entry to the cathedral is free.
- Donation of 1 EURO is accepted.
- Entry to the museum + dome: 6 EURO
- The crypt: Free entry. But 1 EURO donation is accepted.
Almudena Cathedral And Crypt Opening and Closing Hours
Cathedral Opening Hours:
- 9:00am to 8:30pm
- In July and August: 10:00am to 9:00pm
The Museum and The Dome:
- Monday to Saturday: 10:00am to 2:30pm
- 10:00am to 2:00pm & 5:00pm to 8:00pm
- In July and August: 9:30am to 8:00pm
How To reach Almudena Cathedral And Crypt by Public Transport
- Metro Opera Station Lines 5 and 2
Restaurants Near Almudena Cathedral And Crypt
- El Anciano Rey de los Vinos
- Horno La Santiaguesa
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
Almudena Cathedral And Crypt, Madrid Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Far Home Hostel
- Palacio De Liria
- Barceló Emperatriz
- Hotel Ibis Budget Madrid Centro Las Ventas
- Hotel Claridge
- Goiko Grill
- Jqc Rooms
- Madrid Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 48 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 72 Hours in Madrid
- How to Spend 5 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 6 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 7 Days in Madrid