Arzobispado Castrense5 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Calle del Sacramento, 11, 28005 Madrid, Spain Map
- Timings: 08:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-915473624
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Cathedral
Founded in the early 17th century by Cristobal de Sandoval y Rojas, the Iglesia Catedral Castrense was established as the temple of the ancient monastery for the Bernardine nuns of Madrid. The place was originally designed in the form of a Latin cross by architect Juan Gómez de Mora but was restored after its destruction throughout the early 18th century.
Today, the remains of the demolished church showcases the best of the baroque style of design in Madrid and is home to some rare art pieces including paintings by Luca Giordano, intricate frescoes and the main altar-piece designed by Gregorio Ferro .
If you want to explore the less-crowded places in the city or simply love art, don’t miss out on this church.
Arzobispado Castrense Travel Tips
- You can also contact on +34 91 5473524.
Entrance Ticket Details For Arzobispado Castrense
- Entry is free.
Arzobispado Castrense Hours
- Mass hours: All year round
- Weekdays (Monday to Friday): At 9:30 am; Evening prayer (Vespers): At 7:30 pm
- Weekends and holidays: At 9:30 pm, 12:30 pm, 7:30 pm
- For other timings, visit the official website.
How to Reach Arzobispado Castrense
- By Metro/ Subway: La Latina
- By Bus: Pza. Puerta Cerrada
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Arzobispado Castrense Address: Calle del Sacramento, 11, 28005 Madrid, Spain
- Arzobispado Castrense Contact Number: +34-915473624
- Arzobispado Castrense Timing: 08:30 am - 08:00 pm
- Time required to visit Arzobispado Castrense: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.03% of people who visit Madrid include Arzobispado Castrense in their plan
95% of people start their Arzobispado Castrense visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Arzobispado Castrense
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Arzobispado Castrense