Arzobispado CastrenseCurrently Closed
- Address: Calle del Sacramento, 11, 28005 Madrid, Spain
- Timings: 08:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-915473624
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Arzobispado Castrense - Review
Founded in the early 17th century by Cristobal de Sandoval y Rojas, the Iglesia Catedral Castrense was established as the temple of the ancient monastery for the Bernardine nuns of Madrid. The place was originally designed in the form of a Latin cross by architect Juan Gómez de Mora but was restored after its destruction throughout the early 18th century.
Today, the remains of the demolished church showcases the best of the baroque style of design in Madrid and is home to some rare art pieces including paintings by Luca Giordano, intricate frescoes and the main altar-piece designed by Gregorio Ferro .
If you want to explore the less-crowded places in the city or simply love art, don’t miss out on this church.
Arzobispado Castrense Information
- You can also contact on +34 91 5473524.
Arzobispado Castrense Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
Arzobispado Castrense Hours
- Mass hours: All year round
- Weekdays (Monday to Friday): At 9:30 am; Evening prayer (Vespers): At 7:30 pm
- Weekends and holidays: At 9:30 pm, 12:30 pm, 7:30 pm
- For other timings, visit the official website.
How To reach Arzobispado Castrense by Public Transport
- By Metro/ Subway: La Latina
- By Bus: Pza. Puerta Cerrada
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Arzobispado Castrense
0.03% of people who visit Madrid include Arzobispado Castrense in their plan
95% of people start their Arzobispado Castrense visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Arzobispado Castrense
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Arzobispado Castrense
Arzobispado Castrense Trips
Arzobispado Castrense, Madrid Reviews
Great church looks good amongst this setting.
Passed by this church and shaped a photo. Didn't get to go inside due to time constraints
Just passed by this church and hence the photo
Drawn beautifully of the cityscape .