Banco De Espana, Madrid
About Banco De Espana, Madrid
Banco De Espana, Madrid - Address, Phone Number
Address: Calle de Alcala, 48, 28014 Madrid, Spain
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 08:30 am - 02:00 pm Details
Added 363 times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Architecture , Bank
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Banco de Espana is the National Central Bank of Spain and was established in the 1780’s by Charles III. Today, the bank even tough regulating the finances in Spain, is also a rare treat for history and art lovers.
A walk inside gets you familiar with the stunning stained glass ceiling of the operations patio, a range of art works made by Goya, Sorolla, Mengs and Maella and the famous Carrara Marble Staircase made by Adolfo Areizaga of Bilbao. The architecture seen from outside the building is just as astounding.
Banco De Espana Ticket Prices
- Admission to the place is free. Call up the place for tour prices.
Banco De Espana Opening and Closing Hours
- Guided Tours: Guided tours by arrangement on Monday and Wednesday - Thursday: at 9:30 am and 11:30 am
How To reach Banco De Espana by Public Transport
- By Metro: Banco de Espana
- By Bus: Pº Prado-Pza. de Cibeles
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike.
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
Banco De Espana, Madrid Reviews - Write a Review
The work of the architecture office responsible for restoring this building took renovation to a whole new level. The reinterpretation of the façade sculptures brought gotham-like art deco visual elements to it
What a place....great architecture... Love it
A building I would've loved to see, but unfortunately it was covered!
The building of Banco de España is very impressive. But only its building but also its location. Imagine working there and having cibeles the post office and paseo del prado right outside your office. It is a very touristic place of Madrid. So get prepared...:)
Nice Bank building.
- Nearby Attractions
- Calle De Alcala
- Museo Del Aire
- National Museum Of Natural History
- Mercado De San Fernando
- Jardins Do Templo De Debod
- Ermita De San Antonio De La Florida
- Parque La Quinta De Los Molinos
- Casa De La Panaderia
- Mercado De La Paz
- Picasso Tower
- Madrid Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 48 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 72 Hours in Madrid
- How to Spend 5 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 6 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 7 Days in Madrid