Cerralbo Museum1767 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Calle de Ventura Rodriguez, 17, 28008 Madrid, Spain
- Timings: 09:30 am - 03:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-915473646
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Historical Site, Specialty Museums
The 17th Marques de Cerralbo was a great intellectual, and he was also very rich. Naturally he decided to go around the world collecting a massive number of curiosities that caught his fancy. Further, in the natural course of these things, his house after his death was converted into a fascinating museum.
Grand ballrooms and dining halls are the order of the day, as are precious Tupperware, suits of armor and paintings by the masters around the world. Guided tours are available and recommended.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Madrid itinerary 1 day.
Cerralbo Museum Travel Tips
- Group visits require appointment at least 15 days prior.
- Groups should be comprised of 5 –12 people.
- Photography or videography without flash is allowed.
- Switch off your mobile phone when you enter the museum.
- Eating and drinking is not allowed inside the museum.
- Only guide dogs for the blind are allowed inside the museum.
- Smoking inside the museum is strictly prohibited.
Entrance Ticket Details For Cerralbo Museum
- Reduced: 1.50EURO
- Under 18 years.
- Saturdays at 2:00 pm
- Thursdays 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm (special opening)
- Every Sunday; April 18 (World Heritage Day); May 18 (International Museum Day); October 12 (National Party of Spain); December 6 (Day of the Spanish Constitution).
Cerralbo Museum Hours
- Closed on local holiday.
- You can visit anytime during the mentioned time.
- Thursdays (non-holidays): 5:00pm
- Fridays: 10:00am and 12:00pm (May and June)
Free Guided Group Visits:
- 10:00am and 12:00pm (Tuesday and Wednesday)
How to Reach Cerralbo Museum
- By Bus: Lines 1, 2, 3 (back), 44, 46, 74, 75, 133, 147, 148, C1, C2.
- By Metro: Ventura Rodríguez (L3), Spain Square (L3 and L10), Novitiate (L2) and Principe Pio (L6 and L10)
- RENFE: Principe Pio lines C1, C7 and C10
- Public Parking: Spain Square
- El Club Allard
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
11.08% of people who visit Madrid include Cerralbo Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
56.83% of people start their Cerralbo Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Cerralbo Museum
89.51% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cerralbo Museum
Cerralbo Museum Reviews & Ratings
One of my favourite museums, I've visited many. Very well maintained. Plenty of wonderful objects and arts organised in a small area that you can because they maintain the crowd coming in. Worth the audio guide and queue because the pace was good. Not too slow. Free on certain days.
UK visitor. I've never seen so much stuff packed in to a relatively small place. In a nice way. Judy so dense with all sorts of collections from armoury to books to Arabian. Fantastic staircase and ceilings. Well worth a visit. Kids enjoyed ticking off objects on a sheet, 15 out of 10000. Very hard but help available for last few. Excellent.
Amazing museum! Free of charge on Saturday afternoons and evenings and Sunday mornings. Beautiful rooms, furniture and decorations. Lovely visit.
This is a stupendous example of how the upper classes lived in 1850-1910. Spend an hour admiring the fully furnished rooms and imagining what life was like for the Marquee and his class. Highly recommend!
Mind boggling display of eccentric collectors' wealth. Amusing display of noseless statues in garden. If excess is your decorating motive, "this is the shop for it!"