Tours for Cerralbo Museum
About Cerralbo Museum, Madrid
The 17th Marques de Cerralbo was a great intellectual, and he was also very rich. Naturally he decided to go around the world collecting a massive number of curiosities that caught his fancy. Further, in the natural course of these things, his house after his death was converted into a fascinating museum.
Grand ballrooms and dining halls are the order of the day, as are precious Tupperware, suits of armor and paintings by the masters around the world. Guided tours are available and recommended.
Cerralbo Museum Information
- Group visits require appointment at least 15 days prior.
- Groups should be comprised of 5 –12 people.
- Photography or videography without flash is allowed.
- Switch off your mobile phone when you enter the museum.
- Eating and drinking is not allowed inside the museum.
- Only guide dogs for the blind are allowed inside the museum.
- Smoking inside the museum is strictly prohibited.
Cerralbo Museum Tickets Prices
- Reduced: 1.50EURO
- Under 18 years.
- Saturdays at 2:00 pm
- Thursdays 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm (special opening)
- Every Sunday; April 18 (World Heritage Day); May 18 (International Museum Day); October 12 (National Party of Spain); December 6 (Day of the Spanish Constitution).
Cerralbo Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Closed on local holiday.
- You can visit anytime during the mentioned time.
- Thursdays (non-holidays): 5:00pm
- Fridays: 10:00am and 12:00pm (May and June)
Free Guided Group Visits:
- 10:00am and 12:00pm (Tuesday and Wednesday)
How To Get To Cerralbo Museum by Public Transport
- By Bus: Lines 1, 2, 3 (back), 44, 46, 74, 75, 133, 147, 148, C1, C2.
- By Metro: Ventura Rodríguez (L3), Spain Square (L3 and L10), Novitiate (L2) and Principe Pio (L6 and L10)
- RENFE: Principe Pio lines C1, C7 and C10
- Public Parking: Spain Square
Restaurants Near Cerralbo Museum
- El Club Allard
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: Calle de Ventura Rodriguez, 17, 28008 Madrid, Spain
Ticket Price: 3 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 03:00 pm Details
Added 20.9K times in trip plans
Museum, Tour, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Cerralbo Museum Tickets And Tours
Marvel at the historic sights of Madrid on this city sightseeing and Royal Palace tour. Learn the story of Madrid through its buildings as you travel from Moorish Madrid to the Habsburg and Bourbon eras of palaces and grand squares such as Plaza Mayor and Puerta del Sol. Admire the Baroque grandeur of the Royal Palace (Palacio Real) on a tour of the royal collections, and visit Madrid’s newest park, Rio Madrid. This tour shows you the very best of Madrid, and highlights the city’s sumptuous Royal Palace.
Visit Santiago Bernabeu Stadium in Madrid with an entrance ticket, and explore Real Madrid football clubâÂÂÂÂs iconic arena at your own pace. Must-visit sites inside the stadium include the presidential box, trophy room and the tunnel to the changing rooms where players either walk victoriously or shake their heads in shame. Learn about the stadium and the club from large pitch-side video screens and exhibits in the on-site museum.
Discover MadridâÂÂs highlights aboard an open-top double-decker hop-on hop-off bus. Step aboard and watch the passing sights on both the two interconnecting routes. Admire the spectacular Royal Palace, hop off to visit the Prado museum, and see the mighty BernabÃ©u stadium. Choose a 1-day or 2-day ticket and hop on and off at any of the 37 stops to create your own sightseeing itinerary.
See MadridâÂÂs top city sights from the comfort of a luxury coach, and then spend your afternoon exploring SpainâÂÂs national museum âÂÂ the Prado âÂÂ with an expert local guide! This exciting combo tour offers the perfect introduction to the city, showcasing its history, culture, architecture and art. After visiting neighborhoods like Los Austrias and seeing star attractions like Madrid Royal Palace (Palacio Real), visit the Prado Museum with a skip-the-line ticket to learn about legendary European artists such as Diego Velazquez on a tour.
Share your experience - Rate Cerralbo Museum, Madrid
A wonderful surprise in an unsuspected place. A personal collection covering several artifacts collected in life by the owner of the house. It really is worth the visit. All the rooms are sumptuous!
This stunning palace is one of the most beautiful museums in Madrid. It isn't crowded. At the ticket office they give you a guidebook to explore and understand the palace and his owner. The visit is about 1:30 long and it's recommended. You can also take photos, this is not allowed in other museum like the Prado.
Interesting collection and an attractive palace--takes about ninety minutes to fully appreciate. The guidebook provided by the admission desk is particularly laudable in its detail. Free if you own the very reasonably priced annual Madrid museum pass (which also includes priority admission to the Prado and Reina Sofia).
I was there on a weekday morning, a rainy morning that was why we we're not allowed to enjoy the garden. So I got very impressed but the bathroom showed me how well we live today even not being rich
A fantastic little museum/palace. When seen from the outside you really do not expect to see such extravagance. Also the museum still contains most of the original furniture & furnishings which give it a very authentic feel. I real must see.
- Nearby Attractions
- Plaza And Palacio De Cibeles
- Gran Via
- Plaza De Cibeles
- Real Basilica De San Francisco El Grande
- Plaza Mayor
- Museo Lazaro Galdiano
- Fundacion Mapfre Recoletos
- Madrid Rio
- Alcala Gate
- Hotels Near Cerralbo Museum
- Hotels Near Cerralbo Museum
- 5 Star Hotels Near Cerralbo Museum
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Cerralbo Museum
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Cerralbo Museum
- Budget Hotels Near Cerralbo Museum
- Cheap Hotels Near Cerralbo Museum
- Luxury Hotels Near Cerralbo Museum
- Madrid Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Madrid
- 2 Days in Madrid
- 3 Days in Madrid
- 4 Days in Madrid
- 5 Days in Madrid
- 6 Days in Madrid
- 7 Days in Madrid