Cerralbo Museum, Madrid
Cerralbo Museum, Madrid - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Calle de Ventura Rodriguez, 17, 28008 Madrid, Spain
Ticket Price: 3 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 03:00 pm Details
Added 21K times in trip plans
Museum, Tour, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Cerralbo Museum, Madrid
The 17th Marques de Cerralbo was a great intellectual, and he was also very rich. Naturally he decided to go around the world collecting a massive number of curiosities that caught his fancy. Further, in the natural course of these things, his house after his death was converted into a fascinating museum.
Grand ballrooms and dining halls are the order of the day, as are precious Tupperware, suits of armor and paintings by the masters around the world. Guided tours are available and recommended.
Cerralbo Museum Information
- Group visits require appointment at least 15 days prior.
- Groups should be comprised of 5 –12 people.
- Photography or videography without flash is allowed.
- Switch off your mobile phone when you enter the museum.
- Eating and drinking is not allowed inside the museum.
- Only guide dogs for the blind are allowed inside the museum.
- Smoking inside the museum is strictly prohibited.
Cerralbo Museum Ticket Prices
- Reduced: 1.50EURO
- Under 18 years.
- Saturdays at 2:00 pm
- Thursdays 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm (special opening)
- Every Sunday; April 18 (World Heritage Day); May 18 (International Museum Day); October 12 (National Party of Spain); December 6 (Day of the Spanish Constitution).
Cerralbo Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Closed on local holiday.
- You can visit anytime during the mentioned time.
- Thursdays (non-holidays): 5:00pm
- Fridays: 10:00am and 12:00pm (May and June)
Free Guided Group Visits:
- 10:00am and 12:00pm (Tuesday and Wednesday)
How To reach Cerralbo Museum by Public Transport
- By Bus: Lines 1, 2, 3 (back), 44, 46, 74, 75, 133, 147, 148, C1, C2.
- By Metro: Ventura Rodríguez (L3), Spain Square (L3 and L10), Novitiate (L2) and Principe Pio (L6 and L10)
- RENFE: Principe Pio lines C1, C7 and C10
- Public Parking: Spain Square
Restaurants Near Cerralbo Museum
- El Club Allard
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
Cerralbo Museum, Madrid Reviews - Write a Review
Great museum, unique in a way. Just beware - this place is absolutely not suitable for kids. You will have to either keep them in a stroller all the time, or in hands.
Amazing place. Hard to take in during one visit, but probably sufficient. Hoarders will feel at home or inadequate.
A wonderful surprise in an unsuspected place. A personal collection covering several artifacts collected in life by the owner of the house. It really is worth the visit. All the rooms are sumptuous!
This stunning palace is one of the most beautiful museums in Madrid. It isn't crowded. At the ticket office they give you a guidebook to explore and understand the palace and his owner. The visit is about 1:30 long and it's recommended. You can also take photos, this is not allowed in other museum like the Prado.
Best we'll kept secret. Worth visiting. Use audio guide.