Church Of ConceptionCurrently Closed
- Address: Calle de Goya, 26, 28001 Madrid, Spain
- Timings: 07:30 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-915773438
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
The Iglesia de Nuestra Senora de la Concepcion is the crown jewel of Goya Street with its Neo-gothic architecture attracting visitors in Madrid. The church was built in the early 1900’s and was originally designed by Eugenio Giménez Corera and finished by Jesús Carrasco.
The tower, which is a highlight of the church stands at a height of 43.70 meters and is topped by the sculpture of the Immaculate Conception. King Alfonso XIII of Spain and his consort Queen Victoria Eugenie attended the opening ceremony in 1914 and since then many retouches are made to the original structure. Today, the church is loved for its interiors and its grandeur- apt for a small visit when in the city.
Confessions: Half hour before Mass
Winter Sepetmber- June:
- Weekdays (Monday- Friday except Tuesday): 8:00 am, 9:00 am, 10:00 am, 11.00 am, 12.00 pm, 1.00 pm, 7.00 pm
- Tuesday: 7.00 pm, 8.30 pm
- Vespers(Evening prayers): 4.00 pm, 7.30 pm, 8.30 pm
- Weekends and holidays: 9:00 am, 10:00 am, 11.00 am, 12.00 pm, 1.00 pm
- Parochial: 2.00 pm, 6.00 pm, 7.00 pm and 8.30 pm
Summer (July to September):
- Monday to Friday: 8.00 am, 10.00 am , 12.00 pm, 8.30 pm
- Vespers: 8.30 pm
- Holidays and weekends: 10.00 am, 11.00 am, 12.00 pm, 1.00 pm, 8.30 pm
- By Metro: Velázquez
- By Bus: Goya - Principe Vergara
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.04% of people who visit Madrid include Church Of Conception in their plan
50% of people start their Church Of Conception visit around 7 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Church Of Conception
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Church Of Conception
People normally also visit Iglesia De Santo Tomé while planning their trip to Church Of Conception.
People also prefer to start their day with Church Of Conception.
A beautiful space for me to sit and reflect on the power of the universe and all who made this beautiful church.
Beautiful choir and superb homily.
Old church with Gothic architecture, it has numerous services all day. Worth checking
Stunning white marble