Congreso De Los DiputadosCurrently Closed
- Address: Calle de Floridablanca, S/N, 28071 Madrid, Spain
- Timings: 10:30 am - 12:30 pm Details
- Phone: +34-913906000
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture
Designed by Narciso Pascual Colomer and built in the mid 19th century, the building of Congreso de los Diputados is loved for its interpretations of Justice, Peace, Science, Agriculture, Fine Arts, Navigation, Industry and Commerce seen in the art form all around. The beauty of the place lies in its exteriors. The architecture shows a classic roman influence but also carries a neo-classical style.
- Work of art by sculptor Ponciano Ponzano including the two bronze lions seen near the staircase and the sculpture of Spain embracing the constitutional state (represented by a woman with her arm around a young girl)
The place offer tours for visitors that gets you familiar with the story of the Congress and its functionality.
- The maximum number of people per group is 25. An identity card with photograph is required.
- A tour takes place every half hour, in groups of up to 25 people entering strictly in the order of their arrival.
- Admission and tour of the place is for free.
Guided visits without reservation:
- On Saturdays, from 10.30 am to 12.30 pm, except in August, subject to official activity.
- From September to June: On Mondays and Fridays at 12:00 pm, subject to parliamentary activity.
- In July: From Monday to Friday at 12:00 pm, subject to parliamentary activity.
- The visitors' service is closed during August.
Guided tours with prior reservation:
- Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 2.30 pm and from 4.00 pm to 6.30 pm, except in August and subject to parliamentary activity.
- Social organizations (schools, cultural groups, associations) can ask for a visit through mail, e-mail or fax, providing the following information.
- By Metro: Sevilla
- By Bus: Cedaceros - Zorrilla
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.14% of people who visit Madrid include Congreso De Los Diputados in their plan
95% of people start their Congreso De Los Diputados visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Congreso De Los Diputados
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Congreso De Los Diputados
People normally also visit El Corte Ingles while planning their trip to Congreso De Los Diputados.
An imposing neo-classical building overlooking the small street that leads to the neptune fountain. It's a nice sight while walking around the centre.
8th March 2018 - International Women’s Day You’re going to have to scroll down through the photos to see the coloured illuminations. Some monuments were set to change colour at the stroke of midnight, from their bland white illumination to a mauve colour in honour of Women's Day. This was taken on the 7th with the help of a fellow cameraperson’s video lamp. Gone are the days when I could have called myself an ex-cameraman (man).
Gorgeous building. The lions statues are awesome. In front of it is the Cervantes statue.
We were lucky to visit with a guided tour the Spanish parliament. I think its only possible at Saturday mornings every half an hour between 10.30 and 12.30. Just que at the entrance at the left side of the doors they only open when the King brings a visit. Don't forget your ID