Edificio Telefonica, Madrid
Edificio Telefonica, Madrid - Address, Phone Number
Address: Calle de la Montera, 47, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Time Required: 00:50 Mins
Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 234 times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Skyscrapper
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Edificio Telefonica, Madrid
The Edificio Telefonica reflects Americana design conceptualised by Ignacio de Cardenas who instilled a touch of Baroque architecture into the design. The building was constructed in late 1920’s and at 89 meters in height, is one of the first sky-scrapers in Europe.
The building was used as an Observatory during the Spanish War and is the place from where Ernest Hemingway, John Dos Passos and Antoine de Saint-Exupéry sent their reports.
Today, the place represents one of the most iconic times in the history of Madrid and is open for visitors for tours.
Edificio Telefonica Information
- Capacity limited to 30 people for tours.
- Call up the place for private tours and planned visits.
- Additional contact no.: +34 91 522 66 45
Edificio Telefonica Ticket Prices
- Call up the place for tour prices.
Edificio Telefonica Opening and Closing Hours
- Closed to Public every Monday and on Public holidays.
Guided tour hours: (without prior booking)
- Registration will open 15 minutes before the visit, at the reception of space until full capacity.
- History of Telecommunications. Historical Collection Technology Phone : Wednesday at 12:00 pm.
- Following the footsteps of Inge Morath. Perspectives on the Danube Thursday at 12:00 pm and 6:00 pm. Friday at 6:00 pm. Sundays at 12:00 pm.
- Terror in the Laboratory: Check official website or call up the place.
- Espacio Fundacion Telefonica : Friday 12:00 pm
How To reach Edificio Telefonica by Public Transport
- By Metro: Gran Via
- By Bus: Gran Via - Montera
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
Edificio Telefonica, Madrid Reviews - Write a Review
Great place to see exhibitions. Right now they have an amazing exhibition called "Eyes wide open! 100 years of Leica Photography" which is a must see for those interested in photography.
Useful if you need a SIM card for tourists. Staff could be a bit more helpful. Great decor.
Very good company for telecommunication And internet.
One of the best cultural destinations in Madrid, right on the corner of Fuencarral and Gran Vía, there are new exhibitions regularly and lots of other events -all for free. Also, find the only permanent Instagrammers exhibit in Madrid, as well as a nice little coffee shop ideal for a short break away from the hustle and bustle of Gran Vía.
Free exhibition. 3 different level. Always good to check what they have