Edificio TelefonicaCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Calle de la Montera, 47, 28013 Madrid, Spain
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-915808700
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:50 Mins
- Tags: Family And Kids, Skyscrapper
The Edificio Telefonica reflects Americana design conceptualised by Ignacio de Cardenas who instilled a touch of Baroque architecture into the design. The building was constructed in late 1920’s and at 89 meters in height, is one of the first sky-scrapers in Europe.
The building was used as an Observatory during the Spanish War and is the place from where Ernest Hemingway, John Dos Passos and Antoine de Saint-Exupéry sent their reports.
Today, the place represents one of the most iconic times in the history of Madrid and is open for visitors for tours.
- Capacity limited to 30 people for tours.
- Call up the place for private tours and planned visits.
- Additional contact no.: +34 91 522 66 45
- Call up the place for tour prices.
- Closed to Public every Monday and on Public holidays.
Guided tour hours: (without prior booking)
- Registration will open 15 minutes before the visit, at the reception of space until full capacity.
- History of Telecommunications. Historical Collection Technology Phone : Wednesday at 12:00 pm.
- Following the footsteps of Inge Morath. Perspectives on the Danube Thursday at 12:00 pm and 6:00 pm. Friday at 6:00 pm. Sundays at 12:00 pm.
- Terror in the Laboratory: Check official website or call up the place.
- Espacio Fundacion Telefonica : Friday 12:00 pm
- By Metro: Gran Via
- By Bus: Gran Via - Montera
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.11% of people who visit Madrid include Edificio Telefonica in their plan
95% of people start their Edificio Telefonica visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Edificio Telefonica
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Edificio Telefonica
People normally also visit Plaza De Isabel I I while planning their trip to Edificio Telefonica.
It's amazing with a FREE Gaming Academy, fully air conditioned so great place to stop by.
Great place to see exhibitions. Right now they have an amazing exhibition called "Eyes wide open! 100 years of Leica Photography" which is a must see for those interested in photography.
Free and nive exsabition
Great exhibitions, also a great history of the telephone system in Spain, worth a visit.
Useful if you need a SIM card for tourists. Staff could be a bit more helpful. Great decor.