How to Reach Madrid, Spain
The Easiest Way to Reach Madrid
HOW TO GET TO MADRID
- By Air: Adolfo Suarez Madrid-Barajas Airport is one of Europe’s largest airports with many flights daily. From the airport, 24-hours express bus service to downtown Puerta del Sol or Atocha are there. Train Line C1 connects Terminal 4 to Atocha and Chamartin stations. The metro line 8 connects all terminals to the Nuevos Ministerios station are also there.
- By Train: RENFE; Madrid and Barcelona, Seville, Malaga. Other connections include Ciudad Real, Lisbon, Milan, the French coast, Paris. Northbound and international trains arrive and depart from Chamartin station. Trains to Barcelona, Valencia and southern Spain depart from Atocha.
- By Bus: Madrid’s 8 massive bus stations connect the city to practically all of Europe.
- By Car: The Highways A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, and A6 all lead by road into Madrid.
HOW TO GET AROUND MADRID
- By Metro de Madrid: Second in size only to the London Underground. Extremely convenient. Multilingual tickets. So long you have a stamped ticket inside the Metro zone, you can travel far and wide; once you leave though, you have to get another stamped ticket. Metros run from 6:00 am – 1:30 am
- By Bus: Buses will take you everywhere the Metro won’t, and they have free WiFi.
- By Cercanias Train: Trains are there but they are very, very slow. Prefer the metro.
- By Car: Get a map, and a reliable GPS device if you wish to move around in a car.
- By Taxi: It is the most inexpensive mode of transportation. Hail them on the streets that are marked with “Libre” on the roof.
- Walking: It’s the best way to get around the compact centre of Madrid with its many tourist attractions.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Madrid and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Madrid
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Madrid. The most preferred mode of transport in Madrid is Car.
Average distance: 18.91 km Average time: 37.01 min
Car 46.25%Driving 31.49 min Walking 3 min Overall average time for 24.49 kms 34.49 min
Walking 10%Walking 18.63 min Driving 3.5 min Train 2.38 min Motorbike 1 min Overall average time for 5.21 kms 25.5 min
Motorbike 5%Motorbike 28.75 min Overall average time for 19.5 kms 28.75 min
Train/Metro 17.5%Train 32.29 min Walking 9.29 min Waiting 4.79 min Other 2.21 min Overall average time for 15.76 kms 48.57 min
Bus/Trolleybus 10%Bus 24.75 min Walking 6.13 min Train 4.38 min Waiting 4.13 min Driving 1.25 min Overall average time for 18.48 kms 40.63 min
Bike 3.75%Bike 18.33 min Overall average time for 4 kms 18.33 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Madrid
- How to reach Majadahonda
- How to reach Segovia
- How to reach Toledo
- How to reach Burgos
- How to reach Salamanca
- How to reach Logrono
- How to reach Bunol
- How to reach Zaragoza
- How to reach Cordoba
- How to Reach Top Cities in Spain
- How to reach Barcelona
- How to reach Seville
- How to reach Malaga
- How to reach Jerez
- How to reach Santiago De Compostela
- How to reach Cadiz
- How to reach Vistabella Del Maestrat
- How to reach Zamora
- How to reach Barro
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Hurstville
- How to reach Swanley
- How to reach Iglas