How to Reach Madrid - The Easiest Way to Reach Madrid
HOW TO GET TO MADRID
- By Air: Adolfo Suarez Madrid-Barajas Airport is one of Europe’s largest airports with many flights daily. From the airport, 24-hours express bus service to downtown Puerta del Sol or Atocha are there. Train Line C1 connects Terminal 4 to Atocha and Chamartin stations. The metro line 8 connects all terminals to the Nuevos Ministerios station are also there.
- By Train: RENFE; Madrid and Barcelona, Seville, Malaga. Other connections include Ciudad Real, Lisbon, Milan, the French coast, Paris. Northbound and international trains arrive and depart from Chamartin station. Trains to Barcelona, Valencia and southern Spain depart from Atocha.
- By Bus: Madrid’s 8 massive bus stations connect the city to practically all of Europe.
- By Car: The Highways A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, and A6 all lead by road into Madrid.
HOW TO GET AROUND MADRID
- By Metro de Madrid: Second in size only to the London Underground. Extremely convenient. Multilingual tickets. So long you have a stamped ticket inside the Metro zone, you can travel far and wide; once you leave though, you have to get another stamped ticket. Metros run from 6:00 am – 1:30 am
- By Bus: Buses will take you everywhere the Metro won’t, and they have free WiFi.
- By Cercanias Train: Trains are there but they are very, very slow. Prefer the metro.
- By Car: Get a map, and a reliable GPS device if you wish to move around in a car.
- By Taxi: It is the most inexpensive mode of transportation. Hail them on the streets that are marked with “Libre” on the roof.
- Walking: It’s the best way to get around the compact centre of Madrid with its many tourist attractions.
Are you looking for a Madrid travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Madrid
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Madrid. The most preferred mode of transport in Madrid is Car.
Average distance: 18.31 km Average time: 37.09 min
Car 44.19%Driving 31.97 min Walking 2.53 min Overall average time for 24.65 kms 34.5 min
Walking 13.95%Walking 20.33 min Train 4.42 min Driving 2.33 min Waiting 1.25 min Motorbike 0.67 min Overall average time for 5.64 kms 29 min
Motorbike 4.65%Motorbike 28.75 min Overall average time for 19.5 kms 28.75 min
Train/Metro 17.44%Train 32.47 min Walking 9.33 min Waiting 4.47 min Other 2.07 min Overall average time for 15.31 kms 48.33 min
Bus/Trolleybus 10.47%Bus 22.89 min Walking 5.78 min Waiting 4 min Train 3.89 min Driving 1.11 min Overall average time for 16.64 kms 37.67 min
Bike 2.33%Bike 22.5 min Overall average time for 4.5 kms 22.5 min
How to Reach Madrid from Nearby Cities
|Leganés to Madrid||11.81 km||11 mins|
|Alcobendas to Madrid||15.15 km||15 mins|
|San sebastián de los reyes to Madrid||18.01 km||18 mins|
|Majadahonda to Madrid||19.09 km||19 mins|
|Paracuellos de jarama to Madrid||21.72 km||21 mins|
|Torrejón de ardoz to Madrid||25.81 km||25 mins|
|San agustín del guadalix to Madrid||30.64 km||30 mins|
|Villanueva del pardillo to Madrid||31.6 km||31 mins|
|Sevilla la nueva to Madrid||36.7 km||36 mins|
|Alcala de henares to Madrid||38.56 km||38 mins|