How to Reach Madrid
The Easiest Way to Reach Madrid
HOW TO GET TO MADRID
- By Air: Adolfo Suarez Madrid-Barajas Airport is one of Europe’s largest airports with many flights daily. From the airport, 24-hours express bus service to downtown Puerta del Sol or Atocha are there. Train Line C1 connects Terminal 4 to Atocha and Chamartin stations. The metro line 8 connects all terminals to the Nuevos Ministerios station are also there.
- By Train: RENFE; Madrid and Barcelona, Seville, Malaga. Other connections include Ciudad Real, Lisbon, Milan, the French coast, Paris. Northbound and international trains arrive and depart from Chamartin station. Trains to Barcelona, Valencia and southern Spain depart from Atocha.
- By Bus: Madrid’s 8 massive bus stations connect the city to practically all of Europe.
- By Car: The Highways A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, and A6 all lead by road into Madrid.
HOW TO GET AROUND MADRID
- By Metro de Madrid: Second in size only to the London Underground. Extremely convenient. Multilingual tickets. So long you have a stamped ticket inside the Metro zone, you can travel far and wide; once you leave though, you have to get another stamped ticket. Metros run from 6:00 am – 1:30 am
- By Bus: Buses will take you everywhere the Metro won’t, and they have free WiFi.
- By Cercanias Train: Trains are there but they are very, very slow. Prefer the metro.
- By Car: Get a map, and a reliable GPS device if you wish to move around in a car.
- By Taxi: It is the most inexpensive mode of transportation. Hail them on the streets that are marked with “Libre” on the roof.
- Walking: It’s the best way to get around the compact centre of Madrid with its many tourist attractions.
Modes of Transportation in Madrid
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Madrid. The most preferred mode of transport in Madrid is Car.
Average distance: 18.59 km Average time: 36.87 min
Car 44.44%Driving 31.09 min Walking 3.47 min Overall average time for 24.31 kms 34.56 min
Walking 11.11%Walking 18.63 min Driving 3.5 min Train 2.38 min Motorbike 1 min Overall average time for 5.21 kms 25.5 min
Motorbike 5.56%Motorbike 28.75 min Overall average time for 19.5 kms 28.75 min
Train/Metro 18.06%Train 33.23 min Walking 9.23 min Waiting 4.77 min Other 2.38 min Overall average time for 16.51 kms 49.62 min
Bus/Trolleybus 8.33%Bus 24.67 min Walking 4.67 min Waiting 3.83 min Train 2.5 min Driving 1.67 min Overall average time for 18.22 kms 37.33 min
Bike 4.17%Bike 18.33 min Overall average time for 4 kms 18.33 min
- Other Cities on Triphobo
- How To Reach Marbella
- How To Reach Palma De Mallorca
- How To Reach Bilbao
- How To Reach Ronda
- How To Reach Murcia
- How To Reach Alcaniz
- How To Reach Pamplona
- How To Reach Calvia
- How To Reach Alicante
- How To Reach Huesca
- Cities Near Madrid
- How To Reach Barcelona
- How To Reach Seville
- How To Reach Malaga
- How To Reach Toledo
- How To Reach Jerez
- How To Reach Santiago De Compostela
- How To Reach Salamanca
- How To Reach Cadiz
- How To Reach San Sebastian
- How To Reach Ibiza