La Latina And El Rastro635 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Calle de la Ribera de Curtidores, s/n, 28005 Madrid, Spain Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 03:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-915298210
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Flea Market
Madrid once had something of an urban walled enclosure in the medieval ages. You can see it’s remnants here, but worry not – the streets still retain their medieval architectural flavour. Better yet, the area is such a hit with the true Madrid locals that you won’t find a better place to pick up on the city’s spirit. Taverns, shops, cute little squares, charming winding and narrow streets and the best collection of tapas bars in the city. There’s a healthy nightlife scene happening here too, and the barrio has it’s own bustling gay community that’s distinct from the rest of the city. On Sundays and holidays, the city’s best street/ flee market bursts into life – The Rastro. The word means “The Trail”, and about 3000+ stalls sell everything imaginable! Some attractive churches such as the Iglesia de San Andres and the Iglesia de San Francisco el Grande add a dash of romance to the place. Catch the sunset from Las Vistillas park.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Madrid itinerary 2 days.
La Latina And El Rastro Travel Tips
- Walk, don’t drive.
- Parking is a nightmare.
Entrance Ticket Details For La Latina And El Rastro
- Entry is free.
La Latina And El Rastro Hours
- The market is open only on Sundays and public holidays: 9am – 3pm
How to Reach La Latina And El Rastro
- Metro Line 5 (Green) at two stops- La Latina and Puerta de Toledo.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
- La Latina And El Rastro Address: Calle de la Ribera de Curtidores, s/n, 28005 Madrid, Spain
- La Latina And El Rastro Contact Number: +34-915298210
- La Latina And El Rastro Timing: 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit La Latina And El Rastro: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
3.3% of people who visit Madrid include La Latina And El Rastro in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
72.73% of people start their La Latina And El Rastro visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see La Latina And El Rastro
94.44% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting La Latina And El Rastro
People normally club together CaixaForum Madrid and Monasterio De Las Descalzas Reales while planning their visit to La Latina And El Rastro.
People also prefer to start their day with La Latina And El Rastro.